Writing code directly into your WordPress editors have never been so easy. Ace, the famous Code Editor used by Cloud9 Web-IDE, will perfectly fit your needs to be more effective and reduce coding errors. It now comes with a code check process on PHP files, to never again crash your server down!
- Replace the Appearance and Plugin editor with ACE
- Checks your code to avoid submission if syntax errors are found!
- 34 themes to style your editor the way you’ll love it
- Automatically adapt the syntax-highlight to the language of the file
- Automatically adjust editor size to fSnippetsit your screen and give you a bigger work-area
- Auto-close parenthesis, brackets, HTML tags, etc etc…
- Syntax and code checking with markers in editor to easily find errors
- Possible to enable ace editor in client-side by a shortcode (usefull for forums with code tips)
- Works well with iThoughts HTML Snippets to create re-usable pure HTML or hard-coded PHP snippets
Where WordPress says Code Is Poetry, iThoughts Advanced Code Editor reply Code Is Calligraphy
For more informations, please visit the dedicated plugin page
Either install through admin panel (this is the eaiest way), or:
- Unzip the archive
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
This section is empty for now.
Contributors and Developers
“iThoughts Advanced Code Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- FIX Sometimes cleared the file content if query string empty
- FIX Add missing support of scrollto parameter in theme & plugin editors
- FIX CodeChecker handles correctly files ending with HTML template (last
- FIX Admin JS don’t trigger errors anymore when there’s no submit button.
- FIX clean forgotten var_dump
- FIX Deployer config file was mis-configured
- FIX Default options were not initialized, which can cause crashes
- UPD Changed deploy script
- NEW CodeChecker: Syntax validity checking
- UPD Client-Side shortcode
- UPD Scripts
- FIX Toxic update because of WordPress SVN silly
- FIX Explicit base resources path for ACE
- NEW Initial release