Kazoo Templated Content allows you to use HTML templates to program against the WordPress API anywhere you can use a shortcode without PHP and without editing your theme.
- Implement a custom templated post, page, and comments loop anywhere.
- Implement a custom templated RSS feed anywhere.
- Include or exclude templated content based upon user status.
- Use only the Kazoo shortcode and either inline or databased HTML templates.
- NO PHP CODING REQUIRED.
- NO THEME EDITING RERQUIRED.
- Easily extend Kazoo with custom libraries (requires PHP).
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page. Install directly from the Admin Control Panel by selecting Plugins–Add New, search for “Kazoo”, locate “Kazoo Templated Content” and click “Install Now, Activiate and enjoy.
- What type of templates does Kazoo use?
Kazoo uses HTML templates typed in through either the Post/Page Content Editor or through its special Admin Panel.
- Where are the templates stored?
Templates can be stored within the database table or they can be typed directly in between the start and end short code tags.
- What do the shortcodes look like?
Either [kazoo] … [/kazoo] for an inline template or [kazoo src=”5″ /] for a templates stored in the database.
- Do I have to know any PHP to use Kazoo?
No. Kazoo gives you access the WordPress API without any knowledge of PHP.
- Do I need any knowledge of the WordPress API
It would be helpful.
- I can’t find the Kazoo Admin Panel?
It is under Settings / Kazoo Templates.
- Where can I find tutorials and get help?
From the Kazoo Templates Content website at http://www.kazooplugin.com?
- Are you willing to build in additional features?
Yes, all feature requests will be considered.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Kazoo Templated Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added database storage of templates and related Admin Pages.
- Fixed error to remove slashes in template content.
- Fixed bug in debug output. Setting shortcode isdebug=’true’ properly generates debug template output.
- Rewrote output buffer handling in EVAL and INCLUDE library tags.
- Moved buffer output class to KudzuPHP include and eliminated CKazooWriter class.
- Overcome SVN issues in 1.0.4
- Altered Plugin Website Information
- Bugfix in library imports
- Bugfix in FEED library
- Added code to FEED library to evaluate the ‘Error’ node when a feed error occurs.
- Added additional parameter to FEED to allow the RSS feed to ignore date order on returned items.
- Added optional urlencoding in parameter substitution.
- Updated to latest version of KudzuPHP to include the Random tag.
- Updated to latest version of KudzuPHP to include parameter substitutions.