Add custom merch to your WooCommerce store in 30 seconds
- Sell your designs on demand. No minimum order or upfront costs.
- We will automatically print and dropship the products directly to your customers.
- Worldwide fulfilment and white labelled solution.
- The fastest way to start selling your designs on products.
Kite enables Artists, Musicians, Brands, Influencers all over the world to turn their designs into quality customised merchandise. We have helped partners in e-commerce, social media, and bricks-and-mortar businesses generate revenue streams from their designs.
We work with only the best print partners who operate fulfilment centres worldwide. This means high quality products delivered swiftly to your customers’ door.
Here’s what our partners think of us..
“It’s been a pleasure working with Kite to provide a seamless print solution to our millions of creators on PicCollage. Their platform and support have made our entry into the physical product market so easy and fun!”
— Ching-Mei Chen (Co-Founder, Head of Product) – PicCollage (110 million users)
Made on demand – No minimum order
Upload your artwork, choose your products and you’re ready to go! It’s that simple.
Print your designs on
- Apparel: T Shirts, Hoodies, Tank Tops
- Accessories: Tote Bags, Flip Flops
- Homeware: Cushions, Mugs, Towels
- Wall Art: Posters, Canvases, Fine Art Prints
- Phone & Tablet cases: iPhone & Android range
- Print Products: Greetings Cards, Magnets
- More products: Coming soon!
Sit back and relax! Every order will be manufactured and then delivered to your customers without you without having to lift a finger.
Your brand, not ours
Kite is your silent partner. Your customers will never hear from or about us.
How it works (3 Easy Steps)
- Install this plugin – Set up a few basic settings
- Upload your artwork – Upload one or more artworks to create collections of products. Once uploaded we will populate your artwork across the entire product range, including prices, descriptions and more. You can then tweak the artwork to match your own taste before publishing your store. The cost of the product and shipping will be clearly stated.
- Click publish and relax! – Your work is done. We’ll start fulfilling the orders of your linked products as they come in.
Need more assistance?
Unsure about anything? Chat to us using the live chat within the plugin or drop us an email at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help!
Data sent to our servers
We keep this to a minimum, basically only things we need to provide an automated drop shipping service to you:
- We query our servers to get details on our full product range, this includes up to date pricing information, etc. This query does not include any of your information outside of your currency preference.
- Images that you upload in the plugin to create products are uploaded to our servers. This is so that we can optimise rendering of the product photography whilst still having access to the raw uncompressed uploaded image that we’ll use to print on your products.
- Due to the nature of this plugin, any WooCommerce orders containing items that we (Kite) need to fulfil on your behalf need to get sent to our server (otherwise we can’t print and ship them to your customers). This means we need to send the customer shipping address & product details for printing. Orders that don’t contain Kite items are not sent to our servers.
- In order to use this plugin you need a Kite.ly account. For the best user experience we will automatically create you one as part of the plugin usage – this requires your email address.
- We have a live chat widget in the plugin to provide support, the widget is provided by intercom.io. Based on our experience launching similar plugins on other e-commerce platforms, we typically receive hundreds of customer service queries per day. Intercom provides a live chat widget that appears on the page that we use to handle this customer service in a scalable manner and also provide the best experience to our users. If you don’t want customer support feel free to comment out or remove the script tags associated with intercom.io – they’re called out appropriately in index.php.
Facebook conversion tracking
We run advertising campaigns on Facebook to raise awareness about the existence of this plugin. The plugin itself has a conversion tracking pixel to ensure our spending remains in budget. You’re able to remove the existence of this pixel in index.php if you’d prefer not to be tracked by Facebook.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Installation Instructions
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I need to have WooCommerce installed to use the plugin?
Yes, WooCommerce is required for the plugin to work.
- My theme or some plugin overrides product images back to placeholder image and I found where this happens. How do I fix this?
There is a convenience function
wookite_process_image($html, $post_id)which accepts either HTML code or an image URL as the first argument and the variant or product’s
post_idas the second, and returns the version of the HTML/URL with Kite’s placeholder image URL replaced with proper image links.
- Why are my product images showing Kite logo instead of the actual image in Oxygen theme?
Oxygen forces local thumbnails with no filters/actions to latch to. A simple fix is to open
$image = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $variation['variation_id'] ), 'shop-thumb-4' );
$image = wookite_process_image( wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id( $variation['variation_id'] ), 'shop-thumb-4' ), $variation['variation_id'] );
A similar fix can work on other themes, as long as you can provide the original image URL (here generated by the
wp_get_attachment_image_srccall) and variation’s ID (here given as
- Why are my product images showing Kite logo instead of the actual image?
This used to be issue until version 1.0.3. This answer is left here for anyone needing it for older versions.
That image is used as a placeholder that is substituted for the actual image, in order to significantly improve the performance of the plugin. However, it also relies on a properly written theme.
Specifically, for storefront product images, in the file `woocommerce/single-product/product-image.php in your theme’s directory, there must be a call similar to this one:
echo apply_filters( 'woocommerce_single_product_image_html', sprintf( '<a href="%s" itemprop="image" class="woocommerce-main-image zoom" title="%s" data-rel="prettyPhoto%s">%s</a>', esc_url( $props['url'] ), esc_attr( $props['caption'] ), $gallery, $image ), $post->ID );
If there isn’t one, you can find the part that is generating the image (in the above code, it is the whole
sprintf(...)part, but it can also be just
<img src="..." ... />or something similar) and enclose it in the
echo apply_filters('woocommerce_single_product_image_html', ...)call.
For other images, there should be similar calls to
apply_filtersin your theme’s
single-product/product-thumbnails.phpfor product thumbnails,
woocommerce_cart_item_thumbnailfor product images in carts, in
woocommerce_before_subcategory_titlefor range category images in
Contributors & Developers
“Kite Print and Dropshipping on Demand” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Adapted for Oxygen theme
- Products page images now take default product attributes into account
- Configuration fix
- WP JetPack compatibility
- Facebook conversion tracking pixel
- Conformity with MySQL older than 5.6.5
- Workaround for PHP unserialize bug with multibyte strings resulting in errors with data with non-ASCII characters
- Fix to avoid to low res images (introduced in 1.0.3)
- Removed dependency on theme having the proper WooCommerce filter calls
- Minor bugfix of product adding interface
- Replaced function dereferencing (incompatible with PHP prior 5.4.0)
- Fix for the issue that left some customers hanging.
- Uninstall script fix.
- The first version