Link Vault is a link management plugin to help bloggers write posts more efficiently. A typical blogger will open a series of browser tabs and flip back and forth between them as they create hyper links in their blog posts. If you use affiliate marketing links in your post, you will also find your self looking for those links at the last minute. This takes time and creates “blogger fatigue”.
Link Vault allows a blogger to do two things. The first is to create a list of persistent links that are available to you at all times in your blog post editor (Add New Post or Add New Page). This is the perfect place to store affiliate links or links you reference often. The second is that Link Vault allows you to collect the links you want to use for a give post ahead of time and simply drag and drop them when you are ready.
Link Vault Features:
- Persistent link storage for affiliate links and other commonly referenced content.
- Post level link collection to simplify the writing process.
Let us know what bugs you uncover and what functionality you think would make this a better plugin.
Link VAult’s installation is fairly straight forward.
- Upload the folder ‘link-vault’ to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your blog.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
1) This plugin has not been tested with MU.
2) Firefox versions behave odd with drag/drop so copy method preferred. See our screencast.
3) IE versions are all over the map. Best used with Chrome and Safari.
4) This plugin is designed to work with WordPress 3.1.
See our screencast for more information at http://wphost.co/plugins/link-vault
- Why is there a logo for HostCo in the admin panel?
This plugin was written by the employees of Orangecast Social Media who owns HostCo. HostCo is our premium WordPress hosting platform. Link Vault’s official home page is on the HostCo website. Call it home, call it advertising, it is a free plugin.
- Sometimes the hyperlink carries through to the next word I type. Is this a bug?
We’ve seen this in versions of Firefox and continue to investigate it. We suggest using the right click and manual, right-click hyperlink method with Firefox to create hyperlinks.
- Did you test the plugin on IE6?
Nope! In fact, IE8 disallows drag and drop so you’ll be limited to the right click link creation method. See our screencast for more information at http://wphost.co/plugins/link-vault
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Link Vault” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- 1.0.0 through 1.0.5 were our dev releases.
- Added delete functionality to the settings panel for persistent links.
- Fixed several UI bugs.
- Considered RC1.
- Fixed several UI bugs in RC1
- First public release to the WordPress Plugin repository.
- Known issues in Firefox and IE; not tested with multi site.
- Fixed IE rendering issues.