robots.txt is a file, which tell’s search engines, which parts of your site it can display publicly.
This plugin add’s some entries to this file, to make your site safer from some attacks, keeping all your stength in seo intact ex. allowing search engine robots to harvest pictures for image search. When preparing a new site in WordPress, it’s one of the first plugins I install.
Simple and straightforward.
- Upload a file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I’ve found a bug
Great, let me now by mail or comment. I’ll look into it for sure
- Can’t I just create e robots.txt file?
I suppose you can. But the plugin is better:
* Set it and forget it – if there’s an update, you’ll know
* Instaling a plugin is simpler than manualy creating and uploading a file
* Most importantly – creating a
robots.txtfile manualy turns all WordPress filters for robots.txt off. It may (and most probably will) practicaly turn off your sitemap generator! (it will not be able to write it’s directives to the
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“LJPL Armored robots.txt” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release