Map It! is a flexible, developer-friendly plugin to help take the tedious coding out of adding maps to a website that can mark geographic locations related to posts. The whole point is to let you choose the types of posts, the display and the formatting of maps markers and data to best fit your needs. Over time, more specific customization features will be made available to developers as well as extensions for the non-technical user to take advantage of the base plugin in new and useful ways.
If you are a developer and are missing a way to add a customization, drop us a line at email@example.com so we can make sure we consider it for future releases.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
/wp-content/plugins/directory or extract trs_mapit.zip in that location
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the key to the settings package
- Select post types and start adding coordinates
- Add the shortcode where ever you want your map to appear.
Can this work with all post types?
Conceivably, yes. The plugin setup screen allows you to select which post types should allow the settings for mapping to be entered. Can’t say there isn’t a post type out there that won’t work, though. Really?? Prove a negative?!?!? 😉
What about different markers? Things for each type of post? Categories? Address lookups?
We’re working on those as extensions to the basic plugin as well as trying to add hooks for developers to do their own thing with it. If you have a suggestion let us know!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Map It! by Two Row Studio” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Map It! by Two Row Studio” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Corrected Filter operation
- Corrected archive page errors
- added new key for Server to Server API access
- Tested for WP 5.7.1
- Test for WP core version 5.6
- Correct issue where activating for a post type without a defined Google API Key causes error
- Correct bad application of patch for admin Screens
- Test to WP core 5.3.2
- Correct distance limitation error
- Fix Info Window security / Nonce failure
- remove bade donate link
- fix marker on admin pages for pages and custom post types
Readme file updates
First stable release that maps posts:
– Select post types that can be mapped
– metabox for post edit screens to enter the Longitude and
Latitude for the post
– Shortcode for insertion of map on another post page