MChat Plugin allowing WordPress user a one to one chat between logged in Users! Role based access, Pure Ajax working, Adds No HTML to the theme.
List of features:
- No hidden costs, its Free!
- MChat Plugin provides a shortcode which can be placed on any post or pages or author pages, which enables a logged in user to have a direct chat with the profile owner.
- Easy installation: MChat can be installed using a single shortcode [MCHAT user_id=X], where X is the user_id of the person a logged in user want to chat with. It can also be added to theme files using the do_shortcode function. Check Plugins settings page for more.
- Multiple chat installations can be embedded on the same page. Shortcode can be added to individual author pages.
- Fully Ajax: MChat Plugin adds No HTML to the page, and there for does not slow down the page load in any way. MChat loads completely via Ajax.
- Customizable Appearance MChat provides easy customization for colors. Just set the colors in the admin section, and see your MChat blend with the theme.
- Role Base Access MChat Provides Role based access. Only registered users with the given roles can use the chat system.
- New Message Alert Users hear a sound when they get a new chat message.
- Email alerts Users get email alerts when they receive a chat message.
- Multiline messages: Let your users post long messages in multiple lines.
- Block Users Users have an option to block another user.
All settings are available on
Settings -> MChat Settings page.
The plugin is i18n ready.
- Upload the MChat Plugin via wp-admin add plugin panel or you could also upload wp_mchat to your blog (in the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Place a shortcode
[MCHAT user_id=X]in your posts or pages. Where X is the user_id of the person a logged in user wishes to chat with.
- Alternatively install it in your templates via
<?php do_shortcode('[MCHAT user_id='.$user_id.']') ?>code.
Will this Slow down my site?
No MChat is a purely Ajax loaded plugin on the front end. It loads up after your site has loaded.
MChat adds no HTML to your site, and there by does not effect load times of your site.
How do i customize MChat to match with my theme?
Goto wp-admin > MChat settings page > Appearance and choose colors as per your theme, and enjoy!
Is MChat Plugin translatable
My question is not listed here!
Drop a note on WordPress Support forums, and we’ll get right back to you.
Just contact us at WordPress support forums for any comments or suggestions.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“MChat User Chat” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MChat User Chat” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.0 Tuesday, December 28, 2021 4:00 PM
- Initial release;
1.0.1 Monday, February 7, 2022 4:00 PM
- Minor Bugs;
- Checked for WordPress 5.9