This plugin create shortcodes to restrict the access to Visitors, Members or specific role. You can create sections in your page/post only visible to members (logged users), visitors or for an specific role.
To use you need to create the content and wrap it with these shortcodes: [visitor], [member] or [showifrole].
- You can use the parameters ‘is’ and ‘msg’. If you not specify them, the default value will be use instead.
- The paramater ‘is’ is use it with the shortcode [showifrole] to check for that specific user. The default value is ‘administrator’.
- And ‘msg’ is the message the system is going to show. You can use html code with single apostrophes (‘). The default value is null.
content only visible to visitors
[member msg=”You need to Login to see this content.”]
content only visible to members
content only visible for administrators
[showifrole is=author msg=”You don’t have the required role.”]
content only visible for authors
To install this plugin just follow the standard procedure.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Any question?
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will answer you as soon as I can.
Contributors and Developers
“Members Restricted Access” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Members Restricted Access” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Now you can use nested shortcodes, so you can use a any shortcode inside our shortcode verification.
- Add the parameters for message in the members, visitors and showifrole shortcodes.
- Add a default value for ‘is’ and ‘msg’.
- Added the shortcode to check by role.
- Just launch the plugin!