The Menu Swapper provides two utilities:
A settings page that allows you to register unlimited menu theme locations
A meta box that will appear on Pages and Posts, which will allow you to replace existing menu theme locations with your new theme locations for those individual Posts/Pages.
Install just like any other plugin
- Upload the
/menu-swapper/folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create your theme locations via Settings > Menu Swapper
- Set menus for your new theme locations in Appearance > Menus
- Swap your theme locations via the meta box on individual Pages and Posts
Contributors and Developers
“Menu Swapper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Menu Swapper” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Clean up Custom Theme Locations table layout CSS
- Remove deprecated screen_icon() function
- Security fix: make sure nonce is always checked
- Add WPML swapper check
- Don’t unset ‘menu’ argument to avoid invalid array index access in core
- Fix non-highlighting of any/all option
- Allow swapping only on posts, Pages, and front page
- Previous deployment erroneously removed assets folder, this re-adds it so that the Control Panel page will work properly
- Add check to remove the ‘menu’ argument from wp_nav_menu args, as this will override theme location setting
- Cleaned up admin panel for current WordPress styles.
- Set the default to not affect any menus so that when Menu Swapper is not needed it won’t inadvertently swap your menus
- Initial submission