Modifies the HTML output of any video players which have been embedded in the content area or in the site using the oEmbed technique. Any video player which is included on the page will only be loaded if/when it is/becomes visible within the current browser window.
Please note that this plugin will not work in server environments running PHP versions older than 5.3.
- Upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Lazy load video players” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.9.8.
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.7.4.
- Minor amendment to README.
- Run script on
DOMContentLoadedas well, in case
window.addEventListener('load')is delayed by slow assets.
- Confirm functionality in WordPress 4.7.2.
- Load the script in the header. It’s loaded asynchronously, so there are no performance issues.
- Load the script in the footer, not in the header.
- Add console logger command for debugging.
- Add version number to script-embedding URL.
- Call initialization on load, to cover a case where direct initialization happens before the page is loaded.
- Revises code to additionally hook the WordPress
oembed_resultfilter, so that videos pulled in via
wp_oembed_getalso get parsed.
- Spellcheck secondary namespace.
- This README is now .txt, for compatability with the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Add a proper README to the plugin.
- Initial version of the plugin.
- Bare bones of an idea.