Import posts and comments from a Movable Type or TypePad blog.
- Upload the
movabletype-importerfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Tools -> Import screen, Click on Movable Type and TypePad
Contributors and Developers
“Movable Type and TypePad Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Movable Type and TypePad Importer” has been translated into 30 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Add support for WordPress 6.1
- Remove comment_exists check for importing comments. In testing, I found no duplicated comments via this method, and it’s extremely slow on large imports. If this check is needed, then define(‘WP_MT_IMPORT_ALLOW_DUPE_COMMENTS’, false);
- Disable cache invalidation and both term and comment counting during import, for speed. Re-enable them after import.
- Disable autocommit during import, commit once every 500 posts and after complete import. Huge speed boost. To force autocommit to be left alone, define(‘WP_MT_IMPORT_FORCE_AUTOCOMMIT’,true);
- String updates
- Use BASENAME, if present, as the slug for the post.
- Add check for WP_LOAD_IMPORTERS
- Initial release