Turn your WordPress site into a native Android app.
Movipress is a service which enables you to convert your WordPress site into a native Android app. You can create the app via our website and manage it from the back-end of your site. You can customize every little detail and make it unique. When you are ready to do so, share the app directly with your readers or publish it to the Google Play Store.
Please, keep in mind this is the first version of the plugin and the app, it’s also free (the subscription is just about advertisement control). If you notice any issues/bugs send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Native Android app (Android OS v4.0+).
- Control over the content delivered to the app.
- Uses the WordPress ReST API.
- Customize the app menu with content you want to highlight.
- Unlimited notifications, notify users when content is published or updated.
- RTL reading, if your site is in Arab, Hebrew or any other right-to-left reading language, your app can be too.
- GDPR Compliance ready.
- Improve your Google rankings with App Indexing.
- Monetize your content by showing AdMob adverts (interstitial + 3 different placements for banners).
FEATURES OF THE APP
- Your own logo.
- App menu languages depending on the device settings.
- In-app access to any article, page, category, tag, author… if it’s on the site, it’s on the app.
- Save articles, offline reading, search keywords, share content via Facebook, twitter, Messenger, WhatsApp, e-mail…
- In-app navigation for internal links.
- Send new comments, read article comments, follow threads or reply to existing comments…
- Support for videos.
- Show related articles at the bottom of your posts.
- Infinite scroll.
LOOK & FEEL
- Change the appearance, anytime, anywhere, by creating unlimited personalized templates from the back-end of your site.
- Use any google font anywhere.
- Link (if you want) each article with a different template.
- Link each category, tag or author with a different template.
Installing the “Movipress” Plugin from your WordPress admin panel:
- Go to the “Plugins” / “Add new” on the left main menu.
- Type Movipress within the search box and click “Search Plugins”.
- Choose the “Movipress” plugin.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate Plugin”.
Download and Install the “Movipress” Plugin from the WordPress plugin directory:
- Click the “Download” button.
- Go to your WordPress admin panel, open the Plugins menu on the left main menu and click “Add New”.
- Click upload on the top page menu.
- Choose the “Movipress” plugin and click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate Plugin”.
To setup the plugin follow the instruction in movipress.com.
- Is Movipress free?
Yes! Movipress lets you create an Android native app with most of its features completely free.
These include: customized app, with your logo, your own look&feel, customized menu, native comments, unlimited notifications, analytics reports, Google App indexing and much more.
- How does Movipress work?
Install the plugin in your site, create the app from our website, download the .apk file, upload it to any store or share it directly with your readers. Later on you can change or customize everything from the back-end of your site.
- How do I get my Android app?
- Should I subscribe to Movipress?
The subscription is about advertisement control, the app is completely free. Paying subscribers can opt to display own ads or disable ads altogether.
- Do you publish the apps for me?
No, we provide you the .apk file and you can publish it in any Android app store.
- Do you have demo apps?
Yes, Movipress Sample App.
- Does it work with custom post types?
No, the app will display basic post and pages of your website.
- Who can create an Android app using Movipress?
Any WordPress powered site that has the capability to install a WordPress plugin can use Movipress and create a native Android app.
- Can I place ads in the app?
Yes, if you subscribe to our service you can place AdMob ad units in different places of the app.
- Can I make an iPhone app too?
Not yet, for now we are releasing the Android version, the app for iPhone is coming soon.
- Does it work with multisite?
Yes but you need to create an app for each site.
Contributors and Developers
“Movipress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added header option to customize the content webview.
- The Android app should be updated to Canopus-yyyymmdd.xx version.
- Initial release.