A small plugin which allows you to use nested shortcodes (i.e. a shortcode within an enclosing shortcode) by implementing a simple “do_shortcode” filter as per the WordPress Codex to content and widgets – see Shortcode_API and do_shortcode
Install automatically through the ‘Plugins’, ‘Add New’ menu in WordPress, or upload the ‘nested-shortcodes’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Test by nesting a shortcode within an enclosing shortcode.
Are there any limitations?
Yes. You can see the limitations here
Where do I get help with this plugin?
Email us and we’ll do our best to help you out.
I have an idea as to a new feature. Are you interested?
You bet! We’d love to hear from you, so please get in touch.
Contributors and Developers
“Nested Shortcodes by Outerbridge” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- (01 Sep 2022) Tested and stable up to WP6.0
- (29 Aug 2014) Tested and stable up to WP4.0
- (30 Apr 2014) Tested and stable up to WP3.9
- (12 Dec 2013) Tested and stable up to WP3.8 and updated author name
- (03 Jan 2012) Tested and stable up to WP3.3
- (30 Aug 2011) Initial Release