NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer
NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer automatically integrates the cool ColorBox lightbox effect with your NextGEN galleries, and only loads ColorBox’s scripts and styles when a gallery shortcode is present, improving your site’s page load speed.
Note: For optimization of NextGEN Gallery’s scripts and styles, please see NextGEN Gallery Optimizer
If you have any questions, suggestions, ideas or feedback, please email me at email@example.com
- One-click install of the ColorBox lightbox to display your images in style.
- Only loads ColorBox’s scripts and styles when a gallery shortcode is present.
- Helps improve your site’s page load speed.
NextGEN Gallery Fancyboxer also includes a couple of compatibility fixes right off the bat, including:
- ColorBox not working in IE6
- Conflicts with the jQuery $ selector in ColorBox’s invocation code
- WordPress version 3.1 or later
- NextGEN Gallery version 1.6.2 or later
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Proceed to the plugin settings page to complete installation.
- Is this plugin compatible with minification/caching tools?
Yes. However the small, already minified ColorBox script must be excluded from combining/minification or it won’t function. This is true of any lightbox script.
For WP Minify, simply add /wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery-colorboxer/colorbox/js/jquery.colorbox-min.js in its js file exclusion options and clear the cache.
For W3 Total Cache, do nothing. It doesn’t auto-discover, so as long as you don’t manually add the script, it won’t be included.
- What version of NextGEN Gallery is this plugin compatible with?
Any version since 1.6.2
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“NextGEN Gallery ColorBoxer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
V1.0 – 25/05/2012
- Initial release on May 25th, 2012.