The NextGEN widgets only allow showing of single images, I needed a solution to show links to galleries, so I wrote this widget. You can specify the following parameters:
- Maximum Galleries: the number of galleries you want to show
- Gallery Order: you can select random, date added ascending or date added descending
- Gallery Thumbnail: which image should be taken as thumbail in the sidebar (preview set in NGG, first or random image)
- AutoThumb parameters: if you got AutoThumb installed, the widget will use its functions to resize the image to your needs. Use a string like
w=80&h=80&zc=1here to show 80×80 square thumbnails.
- Output width/height: if you don’t use AutoThumb, the plugin will set the HTML attributes width & height.
- Default Link Id: the widget assumes that you set up pages for each gallery and link the gallery to that page (you can use the NGG Gallery Editor to do this). If a gallery has no link set, it will use the default link (id of a page or post).
- Exclude galleries: exclude galleries by specifying their ID as comma separated list
- Upload folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the widget in the widget editor.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“NGG Sidebar Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Ready for WordPress 3.4
- Ready for WordPress 3.3
- Test: Ready for WordPress 3.1 (tested unter WordPress 3.1-beta1-16642)
- Added Screenshot
- Editied NextGEN Gallery Sidebar Widget
- Added option to show no images, ohnly Links to galleries
- Added german translation
- Upload to WP Directory