NgSurvey allows you to create full featured self-hosted surveys with the easy to use, ajax powered form builder. Here are few important features.
Checkout the live demo of the surveys on our demo site. Download survey json files and import them to your website using Import/Export plugin.
We compiled a detailed documentation on how to quickly create and manage the surveys. Please read NgSurvey documentation at https://docs.ngideas.com/
Found a bug?
Report bugs and contribute to the project on our GitHub repository at https://github.com/ngideas/ngsurvey
- Create the questionnaire with the Ajax powered modern form builder. Quickly view and change entire questionnaire at a time. Questions are fully customized with options to provide CSS class names.
- Allows you to organize your questionnaire into multiple pages. Create a one page small survey to multipage large surveys with less effort.
- Show personalized questions to the users with built-in skip/conditional logic. Set up conditional rules on all your questions with an advanced rules builder.
- Not just creating the surveys, responding to the surveys is also made simple with Ajax powered response forms.
- Analyse your survey data with the built-in advanced reporting engine. Get a quick overview of your entire survey using the consolidated report or view invidividual responses.
- Want more? Extend the functionality with ready to use extensions.
NgSurvey comes bundled with most useful question types.
- Page headers – Show any HTML content on top your questions. You can describe questions shown on each page.
- Multiple Choice – Simple but powerful way to create rich surveys. Ask questions with multiple choice text answers.
- Radio buttons
- Select boxes
- Text input – Allow the users to enter their own answers.
- Single line text box question
- Password type question
- Number type question
- Email type question
Many more question types available on our premium plugin “NgSurvey Extensions”:
- Net Promoter Score or NPS questions. Know what your customers/employees thinking about your products/services/company.
- Choice Grid – Combine multiple similar questions with same set of answers into a grid type questions.
- Radio buttons grid layout
- Checkboxes grid layout
- Choice Images – Images quickly attract users, allow your users to select images instead of plan text answers.
- Single selection Image type
- Multiple selection Images
- Star ratings – Rate products/services with star ratings.
- Match the following – Allow the users to match an answer from list of answers for each question.
- Rank answers – Rank the answers by drag and drop in desired order.
- Multi Sliders – Choose the answers by dragging the sliders. The answers can be predefined or numeric.
- Single slider
- Multiple sliders
- Postal address – Get full postal address of your users including country and region selections.
- Map Location – Search for a location and show a pin on the map of that location.
- Signature pad – Draw your signature on the screen with mouse pointer or on your phone with touch.
- URL parameter – Automatically capture data from survey URLs.
- Calendar input – Select the date and time using calendar input questions.
- Person name – input. Get the full name of the person including salutation, first and last name.
- Multiline Textarea input. Get detailed answers with multiline textarea type questions.
Add more features with NgSurvey Extensions plugin.
- Campaigns – Build your audience and invite them to take your surveys. Create and send HTML email invitations with built-in visual email builder.
- CSV Downloads – Download all your responses data in a CSV file and analyze it on Excel or third party software.
- Emails – Send automated surveys when your users purchase a product, respond to a survey and so on.
- Front-end management – Monetise surveys as a software-as-service business. Let your front-end users create and manage surveys on their own.
- MaxMind GeoIP Location – Capture your respondent location data such as country name, state/region name and city name.
- reCAPTCHA – Protect your responses from spammers by enabling reCAPTCHA validations to your guest responses.
- Import & Export – Export your survey to a JSON file and import to another site or use it to duplicate the surveys with one click importer.
Learn more about NgSurvey and read detailed information on NgSurvey features on the feature tour page
Where are my surveys hosted?
Surveys are hosted on your server. NgSurvey is a self-hosted survey solution.
Where do my survey data stored?
Your data is stored on your server where the wordpress is installed. NgSurvey uses the same database as your WordPress. Unlike hosted solutions, you wil have full control on the survey and responses data.
Does it need any paid plan to run surveys?
No. NgSurvey is a open source software and its core features are always free. You need not pay anything to run surveys created on NgSurvey. However, if you need more features than the ones available in free version, you can extend the feature set for a small fee.
Where can I request a new feature in NgSurvey?
Please post your query on the plugin support page. You are welcome to contribute to the project by creating a pull request on our GitHub repository.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“NgSurvey – Powerful, feature rich self-hosted surveys” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.1.1: May 3, 2022
- [New] Added support for filtering buttons on the form page
- [Fix] Fixed the version info to show in bullets on wp.org
- [Fix] Fixed issue with deprecation notices on PHP 8.1
1.1.0: Apr 23, 2022
- [New] ngsurvey_edit_questions_actions filter to customise action buttons on the questions edit page
- [New] Show tooltip for the action buttons on the edit questions page
- [New] Actions to perform tasks before and after showing questions form
- [New] Adding parameter to the new action hooks on questions form
- [Fix] Answers are not shown in the same order as they are saved
- [Fix] Fixed issue with question answers not shown in chosen order
- [Dep] Bump matomo/device-detector from 5.0.5 to 6.0.0
- [Dep]Bump monolog/monolog from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5
1.0.10: Jan 26, 2022
- [Chg] WordPress v5.9 compatiability
- [Dep] Minimum PHP version required is 7.2
- [Dep] Bump matomo/device-detector from 4.3.1 to 5.0.3
1.0.9: Oct 30, 2021
- [Fix] Fixed notices shown on the apache error log
- [Fix] Fixed the message shown when no extensions installed
- [Dep] Bump woocommerce/action-scheduler from 3.3.0 to 3.4.0
- [Dep] Bump matomo/device-detector from 4.3.0 to 4.3.1
- [Dep] Bump monolog/monolog from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5
- [Dep] Bump pelago/emogrifier from 5.0.1 to 6.0.0
1.0.8: Sep 10, 2021
- [Fix] Fixed issue with writing logs and activation
- [Fix] Fixed issue with update checker timeouts
- [Dep] Bump up monolog v2.3.4 & action scheduler v3.3.0
- [Dep] Bump pelago/emogrifier from 5.0.1 to 6.0.0
1.0.7: Aug 11, 2021
- [New] ngsurvey_end_of_survey_message hook now includes survey & response id parameters
- [Doc] Update plugin description with new features
1.0.6: Jul 28, 2021
- [New] New ngsurvey_render_styles & ngsurvey_render_scripts filters
- [Bug] Fixed issue with wrong db alias used when ip tracking enabled
- [Dep] Bump monolog/monolog from 2.3.1 to 2.3.2
- [Dep] Bump matomo/device-detector from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0
- [Doc] Update extensions page with new ngideas urls.
- [Dev] Extend NgSurvey_Extension class from NgSurvey_Controller
1.0.5: Jul 17, 2021
- [Fix] Fix build version
1.0.4: Jul 17, 2021
- [Fix] Extension activation modal dialog is not showing
- [Fix] Choice form answer field and buttons are not aligned properly
- [Dep] Bump up bootstrap version to 5.0.2
- [Doc] WordPress 5.8 compatibility
1.0.3: Jul 7, 2021
- [Doc] Correcting the demo site URL in wp readme file
- [Doc] Updating wp readme file to include most relevant information
- [Dep] Bump monolog/monolog from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0
- [Dep] Bump woocommerce/action-scheduler from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1
1.0.2: Jun 19, 2021
- [Fix] Correcting demo site url in wp readme.txt
1.0.1: Jun 19, 2021
- [New] Bump up datatables version
1.0.0: Jun 8, 2021
- [New] First release, Hello NgSurvey!