Norse Runes are an ancient alphabet used in Germanic countries. Today, they are used in magic and divination by many Pagans and Wiccans. Although their meanings can sometimes be a bit obscure, most people who work with runes find that the best way to incorporate them into divination is to ask a specific question based upon your current situation. Although you don’t have to be of Norse ancestry to use the runes, you’ll have a far better understanding of the symbols and their meanings if you have some knowledge of the mythology and history of the Germanic peoples; this way you can interpret the runes in the context in which they were meant to be read.
This Plugin allows you to use runes as a functioning part of your website.
Here are some of the current features:
- Show all the Runes on a given page.
- Show a specific rune with meaning on a given page.
- Show the Definition of a given Rune by a Tool Tip or a Defined Definitions Page.
- Current Spreads Available
- Odin’s Rune (One Rune Layout)
- Past, Present and Future (Three Rune) Layout
- Expanded Celtic Cross Spread (Twelve Rune Layout)
- Custom Spread
Features for Future Releases:
- Ability for people to create accounts and track readings over time.
- Ability to do different castings with Meanings and Interpretations. Some examples:
- Two Rune Layout
- Four Directions Layout
- Five Rune Cross Layout
- Midgard Serpent Layout
- Bifröst Layout
- Grid of Nine Layout
- Odin’s Nine Layout
- Egil’s Whalebone Layout
- Adding ability for someone to show any number of runes on a page so they could do their own rune spreads even if they are not known to the system.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Setup and Settings page under Tools for
Norse Runes Oracle Instructions/Setup
- Where can I get answers to questions?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive answers or go to http://www.gregwhitehead.com/
Contributors and Developers
“Norse Rune Oracle Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Norse Rune Oracle Plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Did some testing in the recent version of WordPress to confirm still working.
- Resolved variable issue of not declaring before appending.
- Added a custom spread option allowing for someone to specify up to 25 runes to be drawn allowing for all of them. Allowing you to create any reading you want.
- Fixed path issue. If you have an / at the end of the defined runes page setting it doesn’t display properly. Now even if you have a / in the setting it allows it to display the definitions properly.
- Added a couple of spreads.
- Initial Release of Plugin