This plugin adds a widget to your WordPress sidebar showing the currently played song of a AzuraCast station by their public API. You’re able to configure whether to display the album, title, artist, artwork and player links.
Important: By version 2.0.0 you need to use the station shortcode instead of station id. It’s necessary because AzuraCast’s Live Now-Playing Api won’t support station ids. You need to enable websocket support in your AzuraCast Instance.
- Upload the plugin files to your WordPress plugins directory, e.g. ‘/wp-content/plugins/plugins/’.
- Enable the plugin pressing ‘Activate’.
- Add and configure the widget under ‘Appearance’ -> ‘Widgets’.
Contributors and Developers
“Now playing for AzuraCast” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Now playing for AzuraCast” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Now playing for AzuraCast” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed activation message
- Removed old update style (XSS was possible)
- Removed code fragments for shortcode, gutenberg and elementor (Will comeback later)
- Added missing defaults
- Changed typo in readme
- Added missing translation string
- Disabled Gutenberg (Will be added later)
- Orientation support
- Websocket support
- Complete rewrite of plugin
- Data from AzuraCast is now loaded asynchronous. By default the AzuraCast-Widget will be refreshed every 5 minutes. You can change that setting in the widgets settings or can disable this feature completely.
- I’m looking for a way to use AzuraCast’s Webhook API. Perhaps new data will be loaded directly in a newer version instead of refreshing it staticly every x minutes.
- Fixed not working webplayer button. Spaces are evil.
- Fixed wording
- Fixed translation issues
- Default language is English now.
- Improvements for small and mobile sidebars.
1.1.4 & 1.1.5
- Fixed several translation issues. Should work all like a charm now.
- Fixed a bug that prevented translations from loading
- Added translation template and first strings
- Fixed german language
- Fixed a couple of issues.
- Added configuration settings.
- Completed widget appearance.
- Initioal version, rudimentary.