This plugin is a simple plugin for ordering your posts totally by hand.
Change the settings via: WP Admin Panel » Settings » Order Posts Options
Start the plugin via: WP Admin Panel » Tools » Order Posts Manually
Drag and drop your posts in the order you like!
Running this plugin will actually change the CREATION- or MODIFICATION dates of your posts in the database, to change the display order.
It will swap some of the dates.
So, if you think the EXACT DATES of when a post was created and / or modified are more important than the order of the posts: DON’T USE THIS PLUGIN!
CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands – http://cagewebdev.com – http://rvg.cage.nl
Currently supported languages
- English [en_US] default, translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Dutch [nl_NL] translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Serbian [sr_RS] translated by Borisa Djuraskovic, Web Hosting Hub – http://www.webhostinghub.com
- Spanish [es-ES] translated by Andrew Kurtis, Web Hosting Hub – http://www.webhostinghub.com
Plugins by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
WordPress plugins created by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
NO WARRANTY, USE AT OWN RISK!
- Upload the Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin in the WP Admin Panel » Plugins
How do I run this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Tools » Order Posts Manually.
How do I change the options for this plugin?
- WP Admin Panel » Settings » Order Posts Options.
After reordering a post, the edit post icon disappears?
- You should save the changed order first (or discard the changes and reload the posts), after that, the icon returns.
Contributors and Developers
“Order Your Posts Manually” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- CHANGE: Some CSS changes
- CHANGE: Maintenance update
- CHANGE: Several minor changes
- NEW: You can edit the posts with an icon in the posts list now
- NEW: Option to show/hide edit links
- NEW: Option to show/hide excerpts
- CHANGE: Tags are removed from the excerpts
- NEW: The excerpt of the posts will be shown on mouseover
- BUG FIX: Top save changes button was not enabled on changes
- NEW: ability to filter on Custom Post Types at runtime
- CHANGE: many changes and improvements
- NEW: new option ‘Show drafts’ added; show and order drafts too (optional)
- NEW: new option ‘Also allow editors to use this plugin’ added
- CHANGE: several changes and improvements
- NEW: sticky posts now also can be re-ordered
- NEW: thumbnails of posts can be displayed in the list (optional, via settings)
- CHANGE: total revamp of the code + many improvements
- CHANGE: made the role for running the plugin and changing the options the same (‘manage_options’)
- CHANGE: added a link to the settings page on the main plugin page
- CHANGE: some ‘cosmetic’ changes
- BUG FIX: bugs fixed for ajax calls
- NEW: filter posts on a category (optional)
- CHANGE: languages moved to the ‘languages’ directory
- CHANGE: stylesheet moved to the ‘css’ directory
- CHANGE: several minor updates and improvements
- NEW: custom post type support for ordering (default: post)
- NEW: plugin has been fully localized
- NEW: dutch language support [nl_NL] added
- NEW: serbian language support [sr_RS] added
- NEW: spanish language support [es_ES] added
- CHANGE: some bug fixes
- CHANGE: many changes and bug fixes
- NEW: added ‘infinite scroll’ to the posts
- NEW: posts are now paginated
- NEW: number of posts shown per page can be configured via a new option
- CHANGE: some minor changes
- NEW: sticky posts are shown separately and cannot be moved anymore
- CHANGE: some minor changes
- Initial release