Tiles Proxy for OpenStreetMap provides a basic proxy, which allows other OpenStreetMap plugins to load map tiles from your server instead from OpenStreetMap servers.
Known to work with these plugins
- Leaflet Map
- Custom Post Type to Map Store
- Another plugin? Let us know.
- Beware: Depending on your map and the tiles you need, a lot of storage is needed.
- Might be slower than official servers (depends on your server)
- First requests might be slow as map tiles are cached on request
You can use filters to get the URLs from the plugin:
$proxy_cached_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_proxy_url', $proxy_cached_url ); $proxy_rest_api_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_proxy_rest_url', $proxy_rest_api_url ); $leadlet_js_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_leaflet_js_url', $leadlet_js_url ); $leadlet_css_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_leaflet_css_url', $leadlet_css_url );
To disable cache invalidation when WP Rocket or WP Fastest Cache invalidate their cache, you can set the following constant in your
define( 'OSM_PROXY_DISABLE_CLEAR_CACHE', true );
Does this work with every plugin?
The plugin must support changing the OpenStreetMap tile server.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Tiles Proxy for OpenStreetMap” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tiles Proxy for OpenStreetMap” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- The plugin will now automagically overwrite default settings for Leaflet Map.
- Added missing files to SVN, don’t know why there are missing… Why can’t they just support git, like everyone else?
- Updated to latest Leaflet.js (1.9.3)
- Note: This might be incompatible, if you are still using 1.8.x
- Registered Leaflet JS and CSS, so it can be enqueued using
- Fixed js/css urls shown in administration
- Added filters to get URLs for Leaflet and Proxy #5
- Added constant
OSM_PROXY_DISABLE_CLEAR_CACHEto disable cache invalidation (for WP Rocket and WP Fastest Cache)
- Fixed wrong redirect to placeholder on every 404
- Updated Leaflet.js to 1.6.0
- Added a new Customizer panel, which allows you to define some restrictions for downloaded tiles
- Require PHP 7.2+, we urge everyone keep PHP updated and will stick to official end of security updates for PHP
- Downloaded tiles will be cleared, when “entire cache” is cleared in WP Rocket
- Downloaded tiles will be cleared, when cache is cleared in WP Fastest Cache
- Updated leaflet.js to 1.3.4
- Fix: Use WP_CONTENT_DIR instead of wp_upload_dir()
- Public release in WordPress repo
- Disabled REST API by default
- Added local caching of tiles
- Added a list of URLs to the plugin overview
- First release