The plugin that allows you to display widget with blog posts and pages content in tabbed or collapsed (accordion) view.
The user may also select to show: post thumbnail, readmore link and publish date. Number of panels and their ordering are unlimited, even thumbnail size can be adjusted which makes this widget very friendly and flexible to user. Simple, easy to style, well optimized and clean package.
- Upload the ‘pe-panels’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the ‘Widgets’ page found under the ‘Appearance’ menu item
- Drag an drope ‘PE Panels’ to the target widget area and choose your options
Configuration (see screenshot of backend):
- Widget title
- Type of view ( chose between 2 available views – tabbed and collapsed)
- Posts and Pages to show as panels
- Items ordering (depends on items chosen ordering)
- Content length limit
- Option to show ‘readmore’ link below content
- Option to show creation date in certain positions
- Option to show post thumbnail above content
- Thumbnail alignment ( to left, to right or center)
- Thumbnail size (you can chose from all theme sizes or set custom size – thumbnail will be generated automatically)
- Image width in pixels
- Image height in pixels
- Option to crop thumbnails (you can chose crop area).
- (Tabbed view) Option to resize panel headings to fill available space (each heading will have fixed width)
- (Tabbed view) Responsive break point (widget will switch desktop mobile layout in this respolution)
- (Collapsed view) Show or Hide first panel content
- (Collapsed view) Allow open more than one panel
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“PE Panels” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int
- Added support for WordPress 5.8 (as legacy widget)
- added possibility to display excerpt with HTML tags.
- Fixed not possible highlighting and selecting text in the tab panel
- Fixed keeping active the chosen tab while selecting text in the tab panel (for mobile views)
- Improved keyboard navigation according to WCAG guidelines
- Added option to translate a plugin
- Fixed W3C validator errors related to unclosed paragraphs
- Added option to use post excerpt as a tab or accordion content
- Added option to display content on the left or right side of panel title (tabbed view)
- Fixed PHP notices in some situations
- Initial release