Per Post Editors is a plugin that adds to the WordPress permissions models, allowing you to assign specific users to be editors
of specific posts or pages.
- Allow specific users to edit a post or page
- Editors are assigned directly inside the post itself – there are no other admin settings
Full documentation can be found on the User Permissions Page page.
The plugin is simple to install:
per-post-editorsdirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
- Does this plugin require any changes to roles?
No, it works with any account and any role.
- Does this plugin allow users to create new posts?
No, you use the existing roles for those permissions. This plugin does not change any of the existing admin menus. E.g. a Subscriber who is allowed to edit a post does not see a Posts menu item in the wp-admin page, but will see an “Edit Post” on the admin header if it is visible.
- Does this plugin restrict reading of pages or posts?
No, there are other plugins that provide that function. This plugin is just about restricting the ability to edit a page or post to a specific account.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Per Post Editors” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First release.
- Seems to work without any issues.