Per Post Editors is a plugin that adds to the WordPress permissions models, allowing you to assign specific users to be editors
of specific posts or pages.
- Allow specific users to edit a post or page
- Editors are assigned directly inside the post itself – there are no other admin settings
Full documentation can be found on the User Permissions Page page.
The plugin is simple to install:
per-post-editorsdirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
- Does this plugin require any changes to roles?
No, it works with any account and any role.
- Does this plugin allow users to create new posts?
No, you use the existing roles for those permissions. This plugin does not change any of the existing admin menus. E.g. a Subscriber who is allowed to edit a post does not see a Posts menu item in the wp-admin page, but will see an “Edit Post” on the admin header if it is visible.
- Does this plugin restrict reading of pages or posts?
No, there are other plugins that provide that function. This plugin is just about restricting the ability to edit a page or post to a specific account.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Per Post Editors” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Per Post Editors” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First release.
- Seems to work without any issues.