Upload files in your media library to a custom folder structure on your file system created with Real Media Library folders. With this plugin you can determine where your uploads should be stored. This can also have some SEO benefits for your website.
For example, if you have created a folder named
Products/ in your media library (using Real Media Library), your uploads will be stored in
wp-content/uploads/Products/ instead of, for example,
This plugin doesn’t care about the following:
- Redirection when renaming files (if you or another website is already using an uploaded image, the URL becomes invalid without redirection to the new location)
- Drag and drop files to another folder in the Real Media Library (the URL of the image does not change)
- The import of a Real Media Library folder structure is ignored and the files are not saved in a custom upload folder
- Limit of 255 characters for the path of a folder structure plus file name
- No support for WordPress multi-sites
If you want a full-featured solution for a custom folder structure on your file system with Real Media Library, you should look at the Real Physical Media add-on. It has solved all of the above mentioned limitations, is performant and stable.
This plugin is a free micro add-on for Real Media Library with limited support.
- Go to your WordPress backend
- Navigate to “Plugins” > “Add New”
- Search for “Physical Custom Upload Folder for Real Media Library”
- Install and activate the plugin
- Install Real Media Library from devowl.io
- Upload files to your media library!
- How does this plugin work?
The steps are simple: Activate both plugins (Real Media Library and this one), navigate to Media Library > Add New. Simply select the destination folder and upload a new file. The newly uploaded file is physically placed in your absolute Real Media Library path. This also works in the media library grid mode: Select a folder in the folder tree and upload a new file.
Contributors and Developers
“Physical Custom Upload Folder for Real Media Library” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added link to PRO version in plugin row
- Fixed bug with PHP 7.3 (deprecation notice in error log)
- Fixed bug with pathes generation
- Removed unnecessery code blocks
- Fixed incompatibility with RML version 2.8.2
1.0.1 & 1.0.2
- Failure version commits
- Initial Release.