Get popular posts from Google Analytics Real Time and set every 10 minutes a new category called “Popular RT” with a number (By default 10 Posts) of popular post that you want and the number of active users in every post in this category, ready for you display your blog´s trendy post in every place of your WordPress.
Query Example using the category and the number of views for sorting.
<?php $args = array( 'posts_per_page' => 5, 'offset' => 0, 'category_name' => 'popular_real_time_cat', 'meta_key' => 'active_users', 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'order' => 'DESC'); $queryWP = new WP_Query(); ?>
- The number of posts assigned in “Popular RT” may be less than the number selected (By default 10) because Google Analytics also include root path / (Home), categories or tags if have more active users than another posts.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/popular-post-google-analytics-real-timedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Popular Post RT screen to configure the plugin
- How I can request access to Google Analytics Real Time?
You only need fill the next information and in 24 hours with the correct configuration your connection to Google Analytics Real Time API should be work.
Contributors and Developers
“Popular Post Real Time” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Number of popular post configurable
- Test Connection to Google Analytics in Plugin Settings