Quickly access Google Search Console metrics directly from your WordPress posts with PostPeek. Ideal for bloggers, content marketers, and anyone who wants insights at their fingertips.
What is PostPeek?
PostPeek is a simple yet powerful WordPress plugin. It integrates a “Search Console” link into the Quick Actions menu of each post, allowing you to instantly see key metrics like rankings, impressions, and more.
One of the standout features of PostPeek is its direct linkage to Google Search Console. Unlike other plugins that can bloat your database with thousands of rows and multiple tables to store Search Console statistics, PostPeek takes a different approach. It redirects you straight to the Search Console, ensuring that your website remains lean, fast, and free from unnecessary data clutter. It’s a smarter, more efficient way to access your post-specific metrics without the overhead.
Features and Settings
Post Peek isn’t just easy to use; it’s also customizable:
- Site Type Selection: Choose between URL Prefix or Domain for the site you’ve added to Google Search Console.
- User Role Filter: Specify which user roles can see the “Search Console” link in the Quick Actions menu.
- Default Report Timeframe: Set the default time period for the report displayed when accessing Google Search Console.
New Feature: Admin Bar Search Console Link
Admin Bar Quick Access to Google Search Console
We’ve introduced a new feature that allows you to quickly access Google Search Console directly from your WordPress Admin Bar. This link dynamically updates based on where you are in the WordPress dashboard or the frontend of your site:
- Admin Area: The link directs you to Search Console statistics for your homepage.
- Frontend: If you’re on a post, page, category, or tag, the link directs you to the relevant Search Console statistics.
This saves you time and provides immediate insights without having to leave your website.
How to Use
- Install and activate PostPeek.
- Configure your settings as needed.
- Hover over a post title in your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the “Search Console” link that appears in the Quick Actions menu.
No complex setups, no slowing down your site. Just fast, convenient access to your post’s data.
To get the most out of PostPeek, you’ll need:
- A Google Search Console account.
- To be logged into that account on the same browser you’re using for WordPress.
- Your current site registered in your Google Search Console account.
Initially developed for personal use, we’ve made PostPeek available to the WordPress community. While the plugin is currently basic, we have plans to roll out more features.
Your thoughts matter to us. Leave your feedback and feature suggestions either on the plugin page or by contacting us directly.
Thank you for using PostPeek. We hope it proves to be a valuable asset to your WordPress toolkit.
Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/postpeek directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
What is the Search Console?
The Search Console is a free tool provided by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your website’s presence in Google search results.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“PostPeek – One-Click Access to Your Search Console” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added detailed explanation from Google about URL Prefix vs Domain Property.
- Fixed a bug related to homepage search console url.
- Added “Admin Bar Search Console Link” feature.
- Added “Default Report Timeframe” feature.
- Fixed a minor bug related to user role permissions.
- Updated plugin description and documentation.
- Fixed a minor bug.
- Introduced “User Role Filter” to specify which roles can see the “Search Console” link.
- Added the “Site Type Selection” option for Google Search Console.
- Initial public release after beta testing.