This plugin provides an overlay for each website user to confirm his age (or different things – the text is fully costomizable in the options). On right answer, a cookie is set to remember the user for a set amount of days and not show the nag screen again. Otherwise, a custom message is shown to the user and the access to the site is not granted.
The plugin was initially developed for the age restriction of selling alcoholic beverages in a webshop. Due to legal reasons, such an age restriction must be in place (depending of the country of operation).
- Download and install the plugin from WordPress dashboard. You can also upload the entire “quick-age-verification” folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- In the plugin options, set the respective texts and other options. Logo or other image is optional.
Can I add my site logo to the question overlay?
Yes, an image can be added to the top of the overlay in the options. This is optional: without a selected image, nothing is displayed above the text.
Is the overlay working on every device and browser?
Does the plugin work with multiple languages?
You can customize all texts including the respective buttons to your language. The plugin currently only works in a single language – please check back if you would need multilanguage support.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Quick Age Verification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add version to included files for cachebusting.
- Change cookie path to whole domain.
- Initial commit.