The Random Featured Post plugin allows you to display a random post from a designated category. Ideally this should
draw readers landing on your homepage to some of your best posts. The featured post will display the title
“Featured Post” (customizable) along with the post’s title, an excerpt and a link to continue to the full post.
- The show_featured_post($PreFeature = ”, $PostFeature = ”, $AlwaysShow = false, $categoryID = 0, $NumberOfPosts = 0) function has five optional arguments.
The first two are for any HTML you would like to display before and after the featured post. The third argument is a
boolean (true/false) argument which will override the \’Show Featured Post\’ option and always display the featured post when true. The fourth option allows you to
specify a single category to display from, overriding the selections in settings page. The fifth option allows you to show more than one post at a time, overriding
the settings page option.
- All output is contained in a DIV class named “featuredpost” and can be adjusted via your stylesheet.
- Download and unzip featuredpost.zip to your plugin folder.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins section of your dashboard.
- (Optional) Create a “Featured” category.
- Go to the “Featured Post” options in your dashboard and select the categories from which you would like posts to be randomly selected.
- Check the “Show Featured Post” box and click “Update” to save your changes.
- Place a call to the show_featured_post() function in your template, most likely in your main index template just before the loop.
Please see the plugin home page for more information.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Random Featured Post” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Random Featured Post” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.