Get a reading position indicator as a progress bar and show it where you want: top, bottom or custom position in differents templates or post types.
Very lightweight, it uses
- Progress bar’s height
- Foreground colour
- Background colour
- Position (top, bottom, custom)
- Class/ID of HTML element to fix the bar (if custom position selected)
- Page templates
- Post types (natives or custom)
- Jean-Baptiste Audras, project manager at Whodunit and WordPress developer. @audrasjb on Twitter or Github.
- Install the plugin and activate.
- Go to Settings > Reading Progressbar to manage plugin’s options.
Does it works on WordPress network/multisite?
Sorry but this plugin doesn’t supports network/multisite installation in it’s free/public version.
It will be fixed on version 2.0. Contact me if you want to help or ask for more informations.
Contributors and Developers
“Reading progressbar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Reading progressbar” has been translated into 8 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Reading progressbar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Performance enhancement for better support for Google Core Web Vitals: enqueue stylesheets and scripts only when necessary.
- Fixed a jQuery error and adding WP 5.7 compatibility. Props @maxpertici.
- Removed an unwanted console.log.
- Gutenberg and WordPress 5.0/5.1 compatibility. Works fine.
- Add German translation and fixed a JS bug while loading the progressbar value. We need to load the whole page before display the bar 🙂
- i18n ready.
- Plugin initial commit. Works fine 🙂