Simple, easy to use, fancybox style popup.
Works for all images in your page that are in anchor tags. If it finds more than one, it will create a small gallery you can navigate through with the buttons or your keyboard. Advanced users can open iframes and html content in it fairly easily.
Anchor class for popup: “hs-rsp-popup”
- disable gallery feature and popup for image by adding this class: no-hsrsp-popup
- anchor classes for iframe popup “hs-rsp-popup iframe”
- anchor classes for html popup “hs-rsp-popup hiddendiv”
To popup an image give the anchor tag around the image this class: “hs-rsp-popup”
<a href="image.png" class="hs-rsp-popup"><img src="image.png" alt="image"/></a>
For an iframe, set the srct of the iframe and use the class “iframe” combined with “hs-rsp-popup”:
You can also use this to show html content. For local content just use the id of the element for the href:
For remote content, link to the page, for example:
Setting Popup Size (image/iframe)
You can use the following html5 data attributes in your link to set the size:
data-popupheight="100" data-popupwidth="300" These values are in pixels.
Note: for this to work, you have to use both the data-popupwidth and data-popupheight attributes.
- Extract to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors and Developers
“Really Simple Popup” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Add hs-rsp-nogallery class to any image on the page to prevent the gallery from working
Removed console log left over (can effect IE)
Add ‘no-hsrsp-popup’ class to image to not have it part of gallery/popup. Fixed but on set width/height window resize
Reverted body scroll fix as it was having undesirable effects
- Fixed: Firefox close issue
- Fixed: hidden div popup
- UI Enhancements: new icons, hover states for ‘gallery’ and fade effect instead of ‘slide-down’
- New: Set width & height of image/iframe popup
- Update to the readme file
- Initial version