Recent Tweets Widget plugin for Twitter API v1.1 with Cache. It uses the new Twitter API v1.1 and stores tweets in the cache. It means that it will read status messages from your database and it doesn’t query Twitter.com for every page load so you won’t be rate limited. You can set how often you want to update the cache.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the
recent-tweetsfolder and its contents into the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate Recent Tweets Widget from Plugins page.
- Go to your Widgets menu, add
* Recent Tweetswidget to a widget area.
- Visit https://apps.twitter.com/ in a new tab, sign in with your account, click on
Create a new applicationand create your own keys if you haven’t already.
- Fill all your widget settings.
- Enjoy your new Twitter feed! 🙂
How can I get Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret?
You will need to visit https://apps.twitter.com/, sign in with your account and create your own keys.
Contributors and Developers
“Recent Tweets Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Add translation support.
Minor widget CSS change.
Update compatible WordPress version.
- Updated twitter logo
- Removed line break before time link and use css instead
- Fixed some undefined array key and undefined notices
- Fix for redeclaring OAuthException class
- Fix widget for WP 4.3
- Fix bug on settings page
- Settings page and other updates
- PHP 5.5 deprecated preg_replace() function fix
- Added gettext calls for easier translation
- Fix for special 4 byte UTF8 characters
- Header output issue fix
- Some styling issues were fixed
- Now the script checks if a function already exists
- Special function naming are applied so function dupes are also prevented
- Exclude replies option has been added
- The first version of this plugin! Enjoy! 🙂