Remove the query string ?=1 added by WordPress adds to media URLs in HTML5 audio and video mediaelement.js players. It will match any digit that follows the equals sign, e.g. ?=42 will be removed.
This plugin is ideal for the following reasons
- Page Loading Performance: Improve page speed scores with services like PageSpeed, YSlow, Pingdoom and GTmetrix.
- Caching: Links with query string parameters such as “?” followed by name=value pairs separated by ‘&’ in the URL are typically not cacheable
- Statistics and Analytics: Prevent statistics and analytics services from including the query string in reporting.
- Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP): Removes the possibility of links to media files being detected as AMP errors.
Compatible Media Plugins
If this plugin works with your favorite media plugin, please contact me and I will add it to the list.
- Copy/Upload the entire
remove-query-arg-from-mediadirectory from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the “Remove Query Arg from Media” plugin in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why did you make the plugin?
To solve a simple problem, to remove the query string parameter from the media URLs.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Remove Query Arg from Media URLs ?_=1” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Released on 1/7/2017
- First version