This plugin remove extra p and br tags from the_content and the_excerpt.
To install Remove Wpautop using the built-in plugin installer:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New. 2. Type in Remove Wpautop in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen. 3. find the Remove Wpautop Plugin in the list. 4. Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
To install Remove Wpautop manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the Remove Wpautop Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
- How do Plugin turn off automatic p, br for a post?
After plugin activation, WordPress will no longer attempt to add
<br>tags to your posts (so you’ll be responsible for adding these yourself).
- I upgraded the plugin and it lost my default settings!
No, it didn’t. Disable and re-enable the plugin and the setting should be updated to the new setting.
Contributors and Developers
“Remove Wpautop” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First release