Everything You Need in a WordPress Gallery Plugin
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin is a fully fledged WordPress gallery plugin with a powerful Drag & Drop Gallery Builder and Lightbox functionality that’s used daily by more than 300,000 active users and downloaded over 3 Million times.
The beauty of it is how easy it is for you to customize it and enhance its features thanks to free and premium extensions.
Why You Should Use Responsive Lightbox and Gallery Plugin
Easiest Gallery Builder
Say goodbye to coding. With the built-in drag and drop Gallery builder, you will be able to create beautiful galleries, customize them, and add your preferred styles in minutes.
Vast Customization Options
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin is packed with customization options per each gallery and lightbox style so you can tweak them to suit your website’s audience with just a few clicks.
SEO-Friendly and Lightweight
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin is built keeping SEO and performance in mind, making it lightweight and fast when it comes to page load.
Looking to provide a premium experience to your visitors? Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin offers plenty of premium extensions to provide you with even more flexibility and customization options.
Need more reasons? Check them out here!
What some of our 300,000+ active users say about Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin
Amazing Gallery plugin!
Versatile and powerful for both sliders and galleries, many features and style options.
Really easy to use. Takes all the fiddling out of the process of creating a responsive gallery/lightbox.
I needed a lightbox plugin that works reliably. This marvelous plugin does the magic. Now I can spend more on my photography and less time customizing WordPress.
This plugin is quite flexible and effective. The functionality choices are broad and all quite easy to configure.
Need more galley options?
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin can be extended with our premium extensions:
Photo & Art bundle
Masonry Image Gallery
Full Feature List
- Powerful and easy-to-use gallery builder
- 3 beautiful gallery templates – Grid, Slider and Masonry
- 8 responsive lightbox scripts (SwipeBox, prettyPhoto, FancyBox, Nivo Lightbox, Image Lightbox, Tos “R” Us, Featherlight, Magnific Popup)
- Create galleries from Media Library or Post attached images
- Media Folders with a drag & drop interface
- Access to millions of images through Remote Library
- Option to import remote images to Media Library
- Gutenberg editor compatibility
- Iframe, Ajax, HTML5 and Inline lightbox content support
- Advanced pagination, incl. AJAX and infinite scroll
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress image galleries
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress image links
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress video links (YouTube, Vimeo)
- Automatically add lightbox to widgets content
- Automatically add lightbox to WordPress comments content
- WooCommerce product gallery support
- Popular Page builders compatibility
- Gallery widget
- Single image widget
- Option to display single post images as a gallery
- Option to modify native WP gallery links image size
- Option to set gallery images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Option to force lightbox for custom WP gallery replacements like Jetpack tiled galleries
- Option to trigger lightbox on custom jquery events
- Option to conditionally load scripts and styles only on pages that have images or galleries in post content
- Highly customizable settings for each of the lightbox scripts
- Highly customizable settings for each gallery
- Multisite support
- .pot file for translations included
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Responsive Lightbox & Gallery
- Remote Library Image
- Install Responsive Lightbox either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Responsive Lightbox settings and set your desired options.
Who is Responsive Lightbox & Gallery for?
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to create incredibly beautiful responsive galleries with images and/or videos with lightbox effect. This means bloggers, photographers, designers can choose from one of the many layouts available and publish their gallery in minutes.
Do I need coding skills to use this plugin?
Thanks to the built-in gallery builder, anyone can create a professional responsive gallery and take advantage of the many layouts and styles. Know how to code? You can adjust the plugin to meet your requirements.
What’s the Photo & Art Bundle?
Many users love to have different ways to customize their galleries. This bundle gives you access to all our premium extensions, 1-year direct support and all updates, at a hugely discounted price (70% off). Learn more here.
Will this plugin slow down my site?
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin is a lightweight WordPress gallery plugin built with performance and speed in mind. This means your page load time won’t be affected.
How can I get the most of this plugin?
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin comes with plenty of documentation to guide you while creating and customizing your galleries. On top of that, you’ll find plenty of articles on how to add the lightbox effect, how to use the gallery builder, and much more! Need to fix a specific issue? Share it on our forum and get the answer you need!
I need a specific style, layout or effect for my galleries. What should I do?
Responsive Lightbox and Gallery plugin comes with many styles and effects already in it’s free version and can be enhanced with 10+ premium extensions like Masonry Gallery Pro, Hidden Gallery, Slider Gallery, and many more. Check them all out here and pick your preferred one!
Contributors and Developers
“Responsive Lightbox & Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Potential XSS vulnerabilities related to settings validation
- Fix: Missing image alt attribute
- Fix: Undefined array key “type”
- Fix: Possible invalid data passed to attachment_url_to_postid function
- Fix: WooCommerce product gallery
- Fix: WooCommerce gallery lightbox
- New: WordPress 6.0 compatibility
- New: HTML5 Media Library videos support (with Lightgallery, Fancybox Pro and Lightcase lightboxes)
- New: Embed Youtube & Vimeo videos support (with Lightgallery, Fancybox Pro and Lightcase lightboxes)
- New: Lightbox Comments extension
- New: WP Gallery block support
- New: WP Image block support
- Fix: Insert gallery double preview
- Tweak: Display of horizontal / vertical igallery images
- Tweak: Improved gallery images loading performance
- Tweak: Add gallery number of images displayed
- New: WordPress 5.9 compatibility
- Fix: Adding new images to existing galleries
- Fix: Ajax gallery pagination
- Fix: Infinite scroll issues with Masonry gallery
- Fix: Edge case PHP Fatal error
- Fix: WP Media grid view folders not updating
- Fix: Gallery shortcode not selecting
- Fix: Deprecated events: DOMNodeInserted, DOMNodeRemoved in front.js
- Fix: Deprecated event: DOMNodeInserted in admin-galleries.js
- Fix: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Responsive_Lightbox_Galleries::get_active_providers()
- Fix: Invalid argument in upgrader process
- Fix: Widgets warning in WordPress 5.8
- Fix: Warning in wp_localize_script usage
- Fix: Add option to enable/disable advanced capability management
- Fix: Insert gallery into post not working in Gutenberg editor
- Fix: Remove “ready” deprecated event from front.js
- Fix: array_combine() function error class-folders.php
- FIx: $.uniqueSort is not a function error
- Fix: Plugin capabilities not granted properly
- New: WordPress 5.6 compatibility
- New: Capabilities management
- New: Admin breadcrumb navigation
- Fix: Media Folders js and CSS issues in Media Library
- Fix: Empty src attribute in Remote Library inserted images
- Tweak: Remove featured image thumbnail from Media Library access
- Fix: Add Media button not working for custom post types
- Fix: Underscore.js dependency missing
- Fix: Undefined variable: current_color_scheme
- Fix: Root Folder missing in media upload dropdown
- Fix: Invalid arguments passed in class-folders.php
- New: Introducing Remote Library feature
- New: Gutenberg editor compatibility
- Tweak: PHP 7.3 support
- New: Introducing Media Library Folders
- New: Media folder gallery type
- New: Filter gallery by category
- Fix: Ajax Pagination not working when logged out
- Fix: CSS issues with multiple Basic grid galleries on one page
- Fix: Removed call to a sanitize_field function
- Fix: Escaped characters on titles and descriptions
- Fix: Gallery shortcode not accepting image order
- Fix: Gallery using default parameters instead of the settings
- Fix: PHP fatal error if gallery builder is disabled
- Fix: Gallery sorting and orderby not working
- Fix: Slow db query on post edit screen
- Fix: WooCommerce gallery undefined method for get_gallery_image_ids
- Fix: Uncaught Argument in preview_post_link function
- Fix: Removed a callback to sanitize_textarea_field
- Fix: Gallery shortcode thumbnails not accepting size parameter
- Fix: Basic templates for WooCommerce gallery
- Fix: Default WordPress gallery issue
- Fix: Syntax error in frontend.php on line 522
- New: Powerful gallery builder
- New: 3 gallery templates – Basic Grid, Slider and Masonry
- New: Magnific Popup lightbox
- New: Iframe, Ajax, HTML5 and Inline lightbox content support
- Tweak: Improved Visual Composer compatibility
- Tweak: Revamped admin interface
- New: Tos “R” Us overlay close option
- Fix: License activation issues
- Tweak: Featherlight script update to 1.7.0
- Tweak: Imagelightbox script update
- New: Add lightbox to widgets content
- New: Add lightbox to WordPress comments
- New: Gallery widget
- New: Single image widget
- New: Visual Composer compatibility
- New: WooCommerce 3.0 compatibility
- New: Fancybox Pro premium extension
- New: Expander Gallery premium extension
- New: Hidden Gallery premium extension
- Tweak: Attachment ID query optimization
- Tweak: Revamped lightbox settings screen
- Tweak: Improved custom galleries compatibility
- Fix: WooCommerce single product image lightbox
- Tweak: Added plugin documentation link
- Tweak: Nivo lightbox update to 1.3.1
- New: Featherlight lightbox script
- New: Lightgallery Lightbox premium extension
- New: Slider Gallery premium extension
- New: PhotoSwipe Lightbox premium extension
- Fix: data-rel attribute missing in multiline links
- Tweak: Removed local translation files in favor of WP repository translations
- Tweak: SwipeBox script updated to 1.4.4
- Tweak: Tos “R” Us script caption issue when empty link title
- Tweak: Undefined notice on extentions activation.
- New: WooCommerce product gallery support
- New: Masonry Image Gallery and Strip Lightbox extensions
- Tweak: Tos”R”Us script updated to 2.4.2
- Tweak: Settings handler improvements.
- Tweak: Confirmed WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- Fix: Lightbox activated on non-video youtube links
- Tweak: Added a way to change settings required capability
- Tweak: prettyPhoto improvements for mobile devices
- Fix: Tos”R”Us script initialized multiple times in Ajax
- Fix: Regex issue with replacing rel attribute
- Tweak: Swipebox updated to 1.4.1
- New: Disable lightbox for single images with data-rel=”norl” attribute
- Tweak: Keep rel attribute intact if used in post content links
- Tweak: Vimeo regex improvements
- Fix: prettyPhoto and Nivo gallery navigation broken
- Tweak: Added another way to close the extensions notification
- New: Introducing Justified Gallery and Lightcase Lightbox premium extensions.
- New: Option to set single images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Tweak: Confirmed WP 4.3 compatibility
- Tweak: Switched to protocol independent URLs in Nivo and Tosrus
- New: Romanian translation, thanks to Victor Chiritoiu
- Fix: Tos “R” Us pagination thumbnails and pause on hover settings not working
- Tweak: Scripts and styles versioning, for better cache handling
- Tweak: French translation updated
- New: Option to conditionally load scripts and styles only on pages that have images or galleries in post content.
- Tweak: Multiple backward rel attribute compatibility tweaks
- Fix: Nivo lightbox and Image lightbox js attr errors when no data-rel given
- Fix: Swipebox option to remove top and bottom bars
- Tweak: Swipebox option to remove top and bottom bars on mobile devices
- Fix: Swipe support for Tos “R” Us lightbox script
- Fix: Nivo lightbox buttons and styles missing
- New: Tos “R” Us lightbox script
- Fix: Final fix for video links regex (hopefully)
- Tweak: Switched from rel to data-rel attribute to avoid W3C validation errors
- Tweak: Optimized gallery image size function
- Tweak: Support for multiple custom galleries per page (via gallery-n) in rel
- Fix: Boolean / subfields bug not saving settings properly
- Fix: Vimeo videos automatic lightbox not working when query parameters were not set
- New: Revamped User Interface
- New: Option to force lightbox for custom WP gallery replacements like Jetpack tiled galleries
- New: Option to set gallery images title from image title, caption, alt or description
- Tweak: Improved regex for Youtube video links
- Fix: Reverted back the regex change in lightbox selector to gallery links
- Fix: jQuery prettyPhoto DOM Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability
- Tweak: Added regex filetype check before applying lightbox selector to gallery links.
- Tweak: Switched from wp_generate_password() to custom function, without needless DB call.
- Tweak: Swipebox script updated to 18.104.22.168
- Tweak: prettyPhoto CSS tweaks
- Tweak: fancyBox IE patch
- Tweak: Image Lightbox updated
- New: Hungarian translation, thanks to Zsolt Boda
- Tweak: Nivo Lightbox updated to 1.2
- Tweak: Confirmed WP 4.0 compatibility
- New: Option to modify native WP gallery links image size
- New: Option to donate this plugin 🙂
- New: Slovak translation, thanks to Patrik Zec
- New: Russian translation, thanks to Konstantin
- Fix: Prevent unintentional scroll to the top when pressing the “enter” key in the opened swipebox, thanks to Arno Welzel
- New: Estonian translation, thanks to Hugo Amtmann
- Tweak: Swipebox script update, thanks to Arno Welzel
- Fix: Final fix for IE scroll bug
- Fix: Swipebox script files inconsistency
- New: Added Image Lightbox script
- New: Option to load scripts in header or footer
- Tweak: Changed Swipebox script to custom built, thanks to Arno Welzel
- New: Added rl_lightbox_args filter hook for embeddding different scripts based on any custom conditions (page, post, category, user id, etc.)
- New: Dutch translation, thanks to Sebas Blom
- Fix: Gallery images displayed as single images
- New: Triggering lightbox on custom jquery events option
- Tweak: UI improvements for WP 3.8
- New: German translation, thanks to Andreas Reitberger
- Tweak: Nivo Lightbox script updated
- New: Spanish translation, thanks to Gaston
- Tweak: Japanese translation updated
- New: Added Nivo Lightbox script
- New: Option to reset plugin settings to defaults
- New: Serbo-Croatian translation, thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic
- New: Option to force PNG icons in case of display problems
- Fix: Bug with video width not working in SwipeBox
- New: Support for images loaded via AJAX
- Tweak: Updated Japanese translation
- New: Added FancyBox script
- Tweak: UI enhancements for options
- Tweak: Better YouTube video handling (including https protocol)
- New: Japanese translation, thanks to stranger-jp
- Tweak: UI enhancements for prettyPhoto opacity
- New: Multisite support
- Fix: Notice during first plugin activation
- Fix: Changed regex for links to attachment pages, thanks to Darwin
- New: Added Czech translation, thanks to Vaclav Hnilicka
- Tweak: Small UI enhancements
- Tweak: Changed SwipeBox Top and Bottom bars options description
- New: Option to display single post images as a gallery
- New: Added French translation by Li-An
- Tweak: Rewritten regex for selector
- New: Support for video links (YouTube and Vimeo)
- New: Added Polish translation
- New: Added Persian translation by Ali Mirzaei
- Tweak: SwipeBox script updated
- Tweak: Changed method of applying lightbox rel attribute to single images