Rewrite is a WordPress plugin to help you doing many things with URL rewrite such as edit, backup, restore and create custom rewrite without having to touch PHP code. With this plugin you can also test URL that match to rules.
- Edit rules
- Delete rules
- Add rules
- Reorder rules (since 0.2)
- Backup/restore rules
- Flush rules
- Test rewrite match with given URL
- Searchable rules table
- Temporary disable custom rules without disabling plugin
- You have to know Regex to create custom rewrite.
- Tested works on WordPress 3.4.2, not works on 3.2.1 and 3.1
- Use Support tab to ask question, report bug etc.
- Note that my support only limited to plugin usage, bug and features. Do not ask about Regex please.
- By using this plugin, it’s assumed that you know what you are doing. Rewrite is a sensitive thing. Doing it wrong may cause your site isn’t accessible. Alaways make backup before change anything.
There are many ways to install this plugin, e.g:
- Upload compressed (zip) plugin using WordPress plugin uploader.
- Install using plugin installer in WordPress dashboard.
- Upload manually uncompressed plugin file using FTP.
Contributors and Developers
“Rewrite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed: Fields not editable in 0.2
- Added: Reorder rules using drag and drop
- First release