This plugin will replace the WordPress default search query with server-side results from Custom Search Site Restricted JSON API. This replacement is done on the WordPress back-end, so results appear as normal within WordPress search.
- Get Google API key. An API key is a way to identify your client to Google.
- Get Programmable Search engine ID. In Google settings, restrict the Search engine to only search for your one site.
- On WordPress dashboard, set API Key and Custom Search Engine ID in the plugin settings.
Dashboard > Settings > Reading > Search with Google Settings.
- Custom Search Site Restricted JSON API can show only 100 search results for the query.
- A result page can have maximum of 10 results.
BTW, We’re Hiring!
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Follow “Setup” instructions in ReadMe to configure credentials from Google Developers Console.
Reporting a bug 🐞
Before creating a new issue, do browse through the existing issues for resolution or upcoming fixes.
If you still need to log an issue, making sure to include as much detail as you can, including clear steps to reproduce the issue, if possible.
Creating a pull request
Want to contribute a new feature? Start a conversation by logging an issue.
Once you’re ready to send a pull request, please run through the following checklist:
Browse through the existing issues for anything related to what you want to work on. If you don’t find any related issues, open a new one.
Fork this repository.
Create a branch from
developfor each issue you’d like to address and commit your changes.
Push the code changes from your local clone to your fork.
Open a pull request and that’s it! We’ll respond with feedback as soon as possible (Isn’t collaboration a great thing? 😌)
Once your pull request has passed final code review and tests, it will be merged into
developand be in the pipeline for the next release. Props to you! 🎉
Contributors and Developers
“Search with Google” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.