Turbocharge your sites search functionality with Typesense.
Create a fast search experience for your site. Give your users a search listing page or autocomplete search.
Typesense is a modern, privacy-friendly, open source search engine built from the ground up using cutting-edge search algorithms, that take advantage of the latest advances in hardware capabilities.
- Lightning-fast search results in miliseconds
- Allow overriding native WordPress default search for whole site.
- Shortcodes for adding search in only specific locations.
- Hooks and filters for customizations
- Template Override for design customizations.
- Developer friendly
This plugin requires API keys from Typesense.
Getting Started with Typesense
Addon: WooCommerce Addon
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Search with Typesense
- PHP 7.4 required or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Go to WordPress Plugins > Add New Search for “Search with Typesense”
Click Install and then activate Plugin
If for some reason automatic installation is not possible, go to https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-with-typesense and you will see the download button. Clicking download button will provide you with a zip file of the plugin then.
Go to WordPress Plugins > Add New and click upload plugin.
Click upload plugin and then add the zip file
The plugin will then be installed, then activate the plugin.
What is typesense
Typesense is an open source, typo tolerant search engine that is optimized for instant sub-50ms searches, while providing an intuitive developer experience.
You can learn more here
How do I generate API Keys
This is covered in the documentation – please see https://codemanas.github.io/cm-typesense-docs/
Contributors and Developers
“Search with Typesense” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.5.1 May 12, 2022
- Minor Enhancement: Uniform desing for single column layout
- Minor Fix: Customizer update columns for both paginated and infinite pagination view
1.5.0 May 8, 2022
- Major Update: Added option to replace all search with instant search popup, infinite pagination option added, uniform styling added
1.4.0 April 21, 2022
- Dev Enhancement: Switched to action hook system to allow modification of the main instant search results template
1.3.3 April 6, 2022
- Enhancement: Hide panel if there are no relevant facets
1.3.2 April 4, 2022
- Dev Fix: Load compiled/optimized version of JS and CSS
1.3.1 April 4, 2022
- Minor Changes: Added Post Type Category as default index able field, dev fixes for taxonomy indexing
1.3.0 March 30, 2022
- Dev Feature: Hooks for before and after bulk import – added for third party compatibility
- Enhancement: Allow – no delay option for autocomplete
- Enhancement: Allow – ability to index taxonomies
- Depreciated: cm_typesense_available_post_types hook depreciated use cm_typesense_available_index_types instead
1.2.6 March 28, 2022
- Fix: Block Editor fix – sticky post no longer requires custom code
- Enhancement: Added – analytics middleware option see https://gist.github.com/digamber89/7b8bb403399bfaaf37ddab8d5b6dd570
1.2.5 March 14, 2022
- Enhancement: Added ability to add / change input delay for autocomplete
1.2.4 March 7, 2022
- Dev Enhancement: Added filter to change filter widget type for menu, rangeSlider and rangeInput
1.2.3 February 11, 2022
- Change Hijack to Replace as Hijack sounds a bit too aggressive
- Fix: Style changes to make it more extendible with premium addons
- Dev: Code refactoring for styles
- Dev Enhancement: Register script and styles before enqueuing
1.2.2 February 8,2022
- Enhancement: Log viewer updated
- Link to WooCommerce Demo added
1.2.1 February 7, 2022
- Fix: Pages not being indexed
1.2.0 February 6, 2022
- Enhancement: Ability to delete collection and re-index
1.1.11 February 6, 2022
- Dev Fix: Correctly handle special chars for Categories
1.1.10 February 2, 2022
- Fix: Singleton class not correctly defined
- Improvements: Code Refactoring
1.1.9 January 20, 2022
- Dev Enhancement: Added cm_typesense_locate_template filter to allow 3rd party developers or customization
- Enhancement: Added query_by filter to Autocomplete shortcode e.g. use as
1.1.8 January 20, 2022
- Fix: Autocomplete shortcode not working – when Hijack wordpress search is not selected.
1.1.7 January 17, 2022
- Enhancement: Remove documents if post status changes to draft
- Dev: Ability to either skip or change bulk index query
1.1.6 January 14, 2022
- Enhancement: Add category parent terms
1.1.5 January 13, 2022
- Hotfix: Custom post types may not have been updated after version 1.1.4 enable post type validation check
1.1.4 January 12, 2022
- Dev Enhancement: Added filters to modify facets and sortby options
- Dev Fix: Remove item from enable post types if it has been removed from available post types
1.1.3 January 11, 2022
- Enhancement: Collapsible Panel for Mobile devices
1.1.2 January 10, 2022
- Enhancement: Added ability for query_by and show sticky_posts first
1.1.1 January 6, 2022
- Enhancement: Add text highlighting for autocomplete, no results provided
1.1.0 January 6, 2022
- Update: Update enabled posts if category is modified
1.0.2 January 5, 2022
- Changed text domain from codemanas-typesense to search-with-typesense
1.0.1 January 5, 2022
- Code refactoring
- Further security checks
- Log files re-ordered to show the latest first
1.0.0 December 24, 2021
- Initial Release