WooCommerce Send Emails enables the resending of any WooCommerce transactional emails that are sent automatically by WooCommerce when the order is created (when the customer checks-out). You can send to the original Order recipient, or any email address that you specify.
The plugin adds a new ‘Send Emails’ meta box to your WooCommerce order-edit page that you can use to either “Send” or “Preview” any email. These are both very useful for Shop Admins, to see what the Customer will see, or Designers/Developers, to see what the email looks like. When you send the email you will be given the choice of sending it to the order recipient, or to any email address that you chose.
It’s worth mentioning that this feature used to be part of our popular plugin Email Customizer for WooCommerce. We decided to remove the feature as the plugin had evolved from an “Email Previewing” plugin into a more advanced “Email Customizing” plugin and the ability to send emails from the order page was no longer something that was required or that we could feasibly maintain at a premium level for our customers. We discovered that there was still some demand for this feature so we’ve decided to release it as a free standalone plugin for the community.
- Installation Instructions
- Install either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Once the plugin is activated you will see the new ‘Send Emails’ meta-box on the WooCommerce > Order page.
- Use the drop-down list to chose form all the transactional emails from your shop.
- Choose to “Send” or “Preview” the chosen transactional email.
- Please also be aware that there will be times where a 3rd party plugin emails cannot be previewed or sent as the plugin developer does not allow for this kind of after-order sending. Unfortunately this is not an issue we can solve.
- Have fun Sending and Previewing your WooCommerce transactional emails. Enjoy!
Contributors and Developers
“WooCommerce Send Emails” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WooCommerce 3.0 compatibility.
- Fix issue where the email preview would not show the email you are currently looking at, rather it would show your latest order.
- Change the Send Email interface from a simple prompt to a popup modal which is less rigid and more versatile.
- Initial release.