Shortcode Redirect allows site owners to automatically redirect a user after a chosen amount of seconds when viewing a page or post on the site. The plugin instructions are very simple. Add a shortcode to the post/page that looks like the following
[redirect url='http://somesite.com' sec='3'] the url= part is where you define the URL to redirect the user to and the sec= part is where you define how many seconds to wait before redirecting.
- Works on pages and posts
- NO settings or configurations to deal with
- Define a URL to redirect the user to
- Define how many seconds to wait before re-directing the user.
Shortcode redirect should work with older versions of WordPress as well but was not tested with anything older than 2.7
Upload ‘shortcode-redirect.zip’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Add the shortcode on the pages/posts that you want to redirect. Shortcodes should look like
[redirect url='http://somesite.com' sec='5']where the url= part is the URL to redirect to, and sec= is the seconds to wait before redirecting the page.
- How do I get rid of the “Please wait while you are being re-directed…” line? – Later I will have an option for this, but for now, just edit the scr.php file and delete line 36 which contains that text then save the file.
Contributors and Developers
“Shortcode Redirect” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a low risk security hole
- Added output buffer to make text show up in the right place
- Added license to main file
- Fixed URL bug
- Initial release