A very simple news plugin that output news.
(img, title, date, excerpt and link)
- News are order by pub date.
- A post type “NEWS” is added.
- On the options page (WP Settings Menu -> “Simple News”) you can change the image size, and deselect the use of the plugin archive.php (news-archive.php).
- Two new Widget areas (Top and Bottom) a printed on the /news page.
- A widget that will show your defined number of latest news. Options to filter results by category id and post id.
All shortcodes can combines!
* [news number=2]
* [news offset=3]
* [news order=desc] – default
* [news order=asc]
* [news cat=1]
* [news cat=1,2,4]
Columns / grid (CSS grid styling):
* [news col=2]
* [news col=5]
* Related (Print this shortcode on the single news sidebar, and it shows news in the same category):
* [news type=related]
Shortcode page design examples
* 2 – 4 grid:
* [news number=2 col=2] [news col=4 offset=2]
2 – 4 grid (only category 3) :
* [news number=2 col=2 cat=3] [news col=4 offset=2 cat=3]
- Download the plugin, and unzip it.
- Place the News folder in your wp-content/plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin from the plugins tab of your WordPress admin.
Save permalink structure again – because of the post type (news)
Publish some news with the new post type = NEWS (Admin menu to the left)
- Place the News-widget where you want it to appear
- Use the shortcodes on a published page
Can I request a feature to be added on the plugin?
Certainly and would love to hear about it. BUT – It is meant to be a very simple clean and useful plugin.
Please contact me with your suggestions at: www.web.dk 🙂
Contributors and Developers
“Simple News” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors