Use this plugin to easily create links to simple popup windows. It supports multiple popup links on posts/pages/widgets and window positioning/centering options.
NEW to 4.2 – Fixed issue of toolbar/scrollbar/location bar options not working correctly.
Installation for General Use
- Upload the whole
simple-popup-pluginfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- In a post or page use the shortcode
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]LINK TEXT[/popup]to create a popup link.
- Go to the options page to adjust popup window dimensions and other options.
- To create a popup link in a post or page use
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]Link Text Here[/popup].
- You adjust the dimensions of all popups in the options screen, or each individual popup using the width & height attributes within the shortcode, ie
[popup url="http://www.popup-url.com"]LINK TEXT[/popup].
- If you would like to use the shortcode in a template file simply call it like so:
Contributors and Developers
“Simple Popup Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added scrollbar option.
- Added widget for displaying links to popups in sidebar.
- Added template tag to create popup links in theme templates.
- Added support for multiple popups links.
- Added window positioning options.
- Removed widget (brought back in version 3.1)
- Brought back widget by popular demand.
- Widget upgraded to support multiple links and window centering option available – contributed by RichH
Added class ‘simple_popup_link’ to links for styling and fixed some bugs.
Added shortcode attributes for changing the dimensions of each popup window as needed. Also added the attribute ‘class’ to the shortcode for adding a custom class to the link if desired.
Some code fixes and cleanup to ensure compatibility with new WordPress versions.
Fixed issue of toolbar/scrollbar/location bar options not working correctly.
- Fixed PHP7 depricated class constructor.
- Fixed widget.
- Cleaned up options screen.