A simple, easy to use, easy to configure social bar that will allow a user to add social share links to their WordPress website. This plugin came from the idea implemented with the popular Share Bar plugin (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sharebar/), but offers many improvements:
- Completely new, easier to understand code base making it easier for possible community contribution and personal customization
- No additional database tables, but instead utilizes a private custom post type for social link buttons
- Better control over where the bar appears allowing for per-post type filtering
- Less obtrusive implementation for better caching and minification plugin compatibility as well as control over when the plugin is loaded
- Simpler administrative interface with drag and drop ordering capabilities
This plugin is free to use and is not actively supported by the author, but will be monitored for serious bugs that may need correcting.
The plugin is simple to install:
simplesocialbardirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the plugin
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Simple Social Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Abstracted automatic URL specification for Facebook like buttons to work on both large and small code snippets
- Added a fix for Facebook IFRAME code snippet deployment to automatically specify the URL of the page being viewed (simulating the functionality of the XFBML deployment)
- Initial release