Simple Social Icons is an easy to use, customisable way to display icons that link visitors to your various social profiles. With it, you can easily choose which profiles to link to, customise the colour and size of your icons, as well as align them to the left, centre, or right, all from the widget form (no settings page necessary!).
*Note: The simple_social_default_glyphs filter has been deprecated from this plugin.
- Can I reorder the icons?
Yes, icons can be reordered with the use of a filter. See: https://github.com/copyblogger/simple-social-icons/wiki/Reorder-icons-in-version-2.0
- Can I add an icon?
Yes, icons can be added with the use of a filter. See: https://github.com/copyblogger/simple-social-icons/wiki/Add-an-additional-icon-in-version-2.0
- Which services are included?
NOTE – The rights to each pictogram in the social extension are either trademarked or copyrighted by the respective company.
Easy to use, also for clients
social icons do not appear within the borders of the content sidebar, but they appear outside the "viewable" part of the website. I am using genesis framework with simply pro theme.
- Fixed typo in Snapchat icon markup
- Made CSS selectors more specific
- Added classes to each icon
- Added plugin version to enqueued CSS
- Updated Google + icon
- Added Behance, Medium, Periscope, Phone, Snapchat, and Xing icons
- Switched to SVG, rather than icon font
- Accessibility improvements: change icon colour on focus as well as on hover, add text description for assistive technologies
- Add textdomain loader
- Prevent ModSecurity blocking fonts from loading
- Update enqueue version for stylesheet, for cache busting
- Update textdomain, generate POT
- PHP7 compatibility
- Added border options
- Added Bloglovin icon
- Added filters
- Updated LICENSE.txt file to include social extension
- Updated version in enqueue script function
- Added Tumblr icon
- More specific in the CSS to avoid conflicts
- Made colour and background colour more specific in the CSS to avoid conflicts
- Switched to icon fonts, rather than images
- Added Instagram icon
- Added YouTube icon
- Added bottom margin to icons
- Fixed CSS conflict in some themes
- Added new profile options
- Changed default border radius to 3px
- Fixed some styling issues
- Initial Beta Release