This is a very simple plugin that will convert the taxonomy/category description textarea to a WYSIWYG (TinyMCE) form.
Once active, it will convert the textarea field in the create new and edit page of a taxonomy/category to a WYSIWYG or standard WP content form.
How to install the plugin and get it working.
simple-taxonomy-wysiwyg/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Posts > Categories.
- Check the New Category description field to confirm if the installation is a success.
- How to use the plugin
This is an activate and use plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- All taxonomy textarea are now WYSIWYG
- Things to take note about this plugin
After creating the taxonomy/category, the Description in the list will not be formatted, but after refreshing the page or going in the category details, you can see that the format upon creation is retained.
Contributors and Developers
“Simple Taxonomy WYSIWYG” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated the document to be compatible with WP 4.2.3
- Initial Version (No version 1.0)