This plugin actually support embed of public Youtube video and video playlist adding a simple button in Tinymce that generate or edit shortcode.
Video playlist can be publish with 4 responsive templates:
- Only video iframe
- Iframe with all thumbnails videos in columns
- Iframe with a swipe and draggable carousel thumbnails videos
- Swipe and draggable carousel slider
For Youtube video, the plugin use Google API version 3.
Upcoming developments will support other video sources like Vimeo.
- Upload the unzipped folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Update simple-video-embed configuration under Settings -> Simple Video Embed
- How to get a Google Public Api Key (V3)?
- Visit the Google Developers Console and log in with your Google Account.
- Create a project or edit one.
- Click “APIs & auth”
- Go to “Credentials” and create a new Public API access
- Go to “APIs” and enable YouTube Data API
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Simple Video Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix bug on video thumbnails view when more than 10.
- Fix js bug on slider with thumb.
- Show Google API error.
- Fix css grid system.
- Remove Google API Check from admin panel to preserve request quota
- Better Google API request.
- Fix php bug.
- First release.