Want to see a demo? check out the video tutorials here: http://rednao.com/smartdonations.html
For support and feedback please visit http://rednao.uservoice.com/ i will be glad to help you or see your idea!!
The all in one donation plugin, create different kind of donations, set goals, monitor your results, create donation forms, set thank you emails. Currently it supports paypal, stripe and five different styles of donations:
Classic Donation.- The classic paypal When The user clicks the button he will be directed to the paypal page and he will define how much he want to donate there.
TextBox Donation.- A paypal button with a text box so the donors can pick right away how much they want to donate.
Three Buttons Donation.- Three donation buttons (they dont have to be paypal buttons, you can customize them) each one with a different amounts (that you define) so the donators can donate with one click. (Paypal)
Slider Donation.- This has an slider that the user can scroll to donate more or less money (you define the minimun and maximun amount), it also has a happy face that gets happier or not that happy depending on the donation amount. (Paypal)
Forms.- (Pro feature) You need to ask something to the donors? then Forms donations is the way to go, you can create a custom form the way you want it (you can add text boxes, drop downs, checkboxes etc). Once you get a donation you will get an email with all that information. (Paypal only)
PayPal also support IPN notifications so you can keep track of all the donations, you can show a donation goal meter or analize how well you have been doing in a period of time.
Also you can customize the paypal currency that you want to use for each donation button.
*You can find more here:Smart Donations
- Upload smart donations to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Smart Donations /Add new and create a new donation, you can use paypal.
- To add the donation to a widget go to widgets and drag the smart donations widget
- To add the donation to a post type [sdonations]donationid[/sdonations] (example:[sdonations]1[/sdonations]), you can find the donationid of your donation on the donations list (i will improve this on a future update)
- How can i get help
You can check the smart donations video tutorial at http://rednao.com/tutorials.htm, if you have any question you can reach me at
- My progress indicators are not getting refreshed when i receive a donation
The progress indicators need to use “IPN Notifications” so make sure to use paypal buttons, currently this plugin only support paypal IPN Notifications. (See question above for more information)
Contributors and Developers
“Donations Made Easy – Smart Donations” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Donations Made Easy – Smart Donations” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Smart Donations 4.0.4
- Fixed compatibility issue with smart forms
Smart Donations 4.0.3
- Added the option to select country and language
Smart Donations 4.0.3
- Added support for anonymous donations.
Smart Donations 4.0.2
- Fixed issue with textarea placeholder
Smart Donations 4.0.1
- Fixed issue with plugin only accepting donations comming to the primary paypal email.
Smart Donations 4.0
- Adding support to smart forms
Smart Donations 3.7.7
- Added logging feature to be able to detect paypal errors
Smart Donations 3.7.6
- Fixed one issue with donation forms
Smart Donations 3.7
- Fixed donation wall issue
- Fixing issue with classic donation button not being able to display a different image
- Added a customizable donation text to the slider
Smart Donations 3.6
- Added a field to define the email address
Smart Donations 3.4
- Fixing compatibility issues with wp 3.7.1
Smart Donations 3.2
- Added customization for cash sign in the paypal progress indicator, fixed a problem with the returning url of the donation buttons.
Smart Donations 3.1
- Added donation wall for paypal donations (pro feature)
Smart Donations 2.9.9
- Added feature to let you change the paypal donation description and the paypal button in the donation forms.
Smart Donations 2.9.5
- Fixed minor issues with the donation items.
Smart Donations 2.9
- Fixed a bug in Form donations, added thank you email to the donation campaigns and added the possibility to include amounts in the donation check, radio and combo boxes.
Smart Donations 2.5.6
- Fixing issue with manual donations.
Smart Donations 2.5.5
- Added Option to add required fields in a paypal donation form and fixing minor issues.
Smart Donations 2.5.1
- Added paypal Donation forms, now you can create custom forms in your donations.
Smart Donations 2.1.1
- Fixed Warnings in paypal donation ipn.
Smart Donations 2.0.1
- Fixed minnor issues with donation items
Smart Donations 2.0
- Added donation progress indicators and analytics to paypal.