Talkify Text to speech WordPress plugin brings voice features to your WP blog and website. This very easy to use plugin adds a voice to any WP page in minutes.
Take full control over speech attributes such as rate, pitch and volume. Mix and match voices to add richness to dialogues. Control tone, phonation and pauses to add depth to any content. Why not use a child voice for content aimed at children?
Choose between hundreds of voices in the following languages (we support many cultures in most languages).
English, Chinese, Swedish, German, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French, Italian, Norweigean, Danish, Arabic, Russian, Dutch, Polish, Turkish, Icelandic, Portuguese, Romanian, Welsh, Ukranian, Slovak, Bulgarian, Czech, Greek, Finnish, Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Slovenian, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam
- Listen to any post or page, either automatically or through a click on a button
- High qualiy voices (https://manage.talkify.net/docs#voices)
- Text highligting, or speech marks, for easy read along
- Control pitch, pauses between words, volume, speech rate, phonation and much more
- Choose between 4 different UIs
- Our fully integrated UIs let users control all aspects of playback
- A block component, “talkify button”, comes with this plugin. Configure this button to do magic!
- Declarative (data-attributes) configuration to enable rich dialogues between 2 or more voices. Docs here
- 1000 free requests per month.
Documentation and demo
- Acquire your API-key at https://manage.talkify.net (login and copy the key, paste it under the general configuration section in WP)
- Add the “Talkify” button (block control) anywhere on your page. Yes, you can even add multiple buttons on the page, if you want to. Each individually configurable.
- Configure it
- Hit update. Voila!
Check out our screenshots for a better understanding on how you can configure your button
This plugin provides 2 blocks.
- Talkify Text To Speech
Q: Does Talkify provide a UI?
A: Yes, we provide 4 different UIs. One should suit your needs.
Q: Do I need an API key to use Talkify Text to speech?
A: Yes. You obtain one by logging in to https://manage.talkify.net. Your API key has 1000 free requests each month (Standard voices)
Q: Why do I not see all the 400 voices that Talkify supports?
A: You need to subscribe to the “Pay as you go” model on your API-key
Q: Can Talkify be used offline
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Talkify Text To Speech” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.0: Initial release
1.0.1: Fixed default voice. Fixed bg-color, color and font-sizes