Easily Manage Transients
This is a developer tool that provides a user interface to manage transients.
You can easily view, search, edit, and delete transients from Tools > Transients.
A toolbar toggle allows you to suspend transient updates to help with testing and debugging.
Features of Transients Manager
- Toolbar button to suspend transient writes
- View all transients in the database
- Edit the name, expiration, and value of any transient
- Delete any transient
- Search transients by name
- Bulk actions to delete: all, expired, unexpired, or persistent transients
This plugin is owned by Syed Balkhi and maintained by the WPBeginner team.
It was originally created by Pippin Williamson.
If you like this plugin and find it useful to manage transients, please leave a good rating and consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get more email subscribers with the most popular conversion optimization plugin for WordPress.
- WPForms – #1 drag & drop online form builder for WordPress (trusted by 5 million sites).
- MonsterInsights – See the stats that matter and grow your business with confidence. Best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
- SeedProd – Create beautiful landing pages with our powerful drag & drop landing page builder.
- WP Mail SMTP – Improve email deliverability for your contact form with the most popular SMTP plugin for WordPress.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress giveaway and contest plugin to grow traffic and social followers.
- Smash Balloon – #1 social feeds plugin for WordPress – display social media content in WordPress without code.
- AIOSEO – The original WordPress SEO plugin to help you rank higher in search results (trusted by over 3 million sites).
- PushEngage – Connect with visitors after they leave your website with the leading web push notification plugin.
- TrustPulse – Add real-time social proof notifications to boost your store conversions by up to 15%.
- SearchWP – The most advanced custom WordPress search plugin to improve WordPress search quality.
- AffiliateWP – #1 affiliate management plugin for WordPress. Add a referral program to your online store.
- WP Simple Pay – #1 Stripe payments plugin for WordPress. Start accepting one-time or recurring payments without a shopping cart.
- Easy Digital Downloads – The best WordPress eCommerce plugin to sell digital products (eBooks, software, music, and more).
- Sugar Calendar – A simple event calendar plugin for WordPress that’s both easy and powerful.
Visit WPBeginner to learn from our WordPress Tutorials and about the best WordPress plugins.
Transients Manager is the best way to manage transients in your WordPress site.
Our goal is to make using WordPress easy, both with our WordPress plugins and resources like WPBeginner, the largest WordPress resource site for beginners.
I feel that we have done that here, and I hope you find Transients Manager useful.
- Install Transients Manager by uploading the
transients-managerdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin.)
- Activate Transients Manager through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Go to Tools > Transients
Does this work with Object Caching (Memcached, Redis, etc…)?
No. It only works when transients are stored in the database.
Contributors and Developers
“Transients Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Transients Manager” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Transients Manager” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.0.3 – August 2, 2022
- Misc: The plugin is tested up to WordPress 6.0
2.0.2 – December 23, 2021
- Fixed: “Delete All” bulk action works again
- Fixed: Add “Delete All” button to table actions
- Improved: More value types now visible in List Table (up to 100 characters)
2.0.1 – December 21, 2021
- Fix: PHP fatal error when guessing JSON value type
2.0.0 – December 16, 2021
- Added: Small-screen support
- Added: Value type hints
- Added: Ability to delete all without expiration
- Added: Site & Auto clean timestamps
- Added: CodeMirror support when editing
- Added: Notices on successful save & delete
- Added: Notice when using object caching
- Improved: Bulk actions
- Improved: List table styling
- Improved: Pagination styling
- Improved: Truncation of large keys & values
- Improved: Security & performance
1.8.1 – July 30, 2019
- Tweak: Added stripes to transients table rows for improved readability, props @malavvasita
- Tweak: Improved HTML markup and functionality of Cancel button on edit screens, props @cfoellmann
1.8 – November 20, 2019
- New: Added support for bulk deleting selected transients, props @ash0ur
1.7.7 – April 28, 2019
- Fix: Transient search not working.
1.7.6 – March 30, 2019
- Changes text domain from “pw-transients-manager” to “transients-manager” to support translations through WordPress.org.
1.7.5 – July 24, 2018
- Fix: Language files not loading properly.
1.7.4 – January 8, 2018
- Fix: Site transients cannot be deleted
1.7.3 – October 10, 2016
- Updated translation files
- Bulk delete actions are now public so they can be accessed outside the plugin
1.7.2 – December 18, 2015
- Fix: Incorrect identification of site transients, props @ctalkington
1.7.1 – November 25, 2015
- Fix: Transients with “_site” in their name improperly processed
1.7 – October 20, 2015
- New: Added a Delete All Transients button, thanks @MatthewEppelsheimer
1.6.1 – September 3, 2015
- Fix: Only show Suspend Transients button to administrators
1.6 – August 18, 2015
- New: Added Toolbar option to suspend transient updates
1.5 – May 26, 2015
- Fix: Site wide transients not deleted when deleting transients with an expiration, props @freemp
- Fix: Undefined index notice when deleting transients with an expiration
1.4 – May 13, 2015
- Bug: Site transients were not supported
1.3 – January 29, 2015
- New: Added Cancel button to the edit screen, props @freemp
- New: Added Refresh button to the main screen, props @freemp
- New: Added German translation, props @freemp
- New: Added Brazilian Portuguese translation, props @freemp
- Fix: Replaced English PO file with POT file
1.2.1 – January 26, 2015
- Fix: Properly detect class definitions that are passed to get_transient_value(), props @freemp
1.2 – July 21, 2014
- New: Added an option to bulk delete all transients that have an expiration date, thanks to Mike Grace
- New: Added support for deleting expired transients in bulk
- Fix: Bug with how the transient expiration date is determined
- Fix: Bug with how the expiration date is shown for transients that don’t have an expiration date
- Fix: Bug with transients that include transient in their name
- Fix: Bug with the way expired transients are displayed
- New: Added a languages folder with default language files
- First release!