This plugin detects units of measurement (e.g. “10 lbs”) and will add the metric or non-metric equivalent (e.g. “4.5 kilograms”). The converted measurement can be added in several ways:
- as a mouse-over, or
- in brackets after the original measurement, e.g. “10 lbs (4.5 kilograms)”.
It is useful if you use lots of measurements and are writing for an international audience.
Currently Supported Conversions
- Celsius Fahrenheit
- Centimetres inches
- Grams ounces
- Kilograms pounds
- Kilometres miles
- Kilojoules (food) calories
- Litres gallons
- Metres feet
- Millilitres fluid ounces
Note that these non-metric units are in US customary units.
- Converted measurements will always be written in their canonical/long name, e.g. ‘kilograms’ instead of ‘kg’.
- Cannot handle quoted aliases (e.g. 5′ or 9″) or composite measurements, e.g. 5’9″.
To report any bugs please do so from the plugin homepage.
- An options page to configure various aspects of the plugin.
- Auto-detection for which measurement abbreviation to use for the converted unit (lbs -> kg, pounds -> kilograms).
- An option to use Imperial measurements as distinct from US customary units.
- Upload the
unit-converter/directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- The mouseover method is the default. How do I use the parentheses?
As there is no options page (yet), you will need to edit the
/wp-content/plugins/unit-converter.phpfile around line 31 and change:
$display_mode = 'mouseover';
$display_mode = 'parentheses';
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Unit Converter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Unit Converter” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
0.5.3 – 2014-05-23
- Bump version properly so WordPress picks it up.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.2.
0.5.2 – 2014-05-02
- Fixed compatibility with PHP 5.4+.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.1.
0.5.1 – 2009-12-19
- Tested up to WordPress 2.9.
0.5 – 2009-07-26
- Added Celsius Fahrenheit converter.
- Tested up to WordPress 2.8.2.
0.4 – 2009-06-12
- Added millilitre fluid ounce converter.
- Tested up to WordPress 2.8.
0.3 – 2009-03-24
- Fixed the kilojoule calorie converter (was using calories instead of food calories).
- Added grams ounces converter.
- Increased the precision of all conversions.
0.2 – 2009-03-22
- Added kilojoule calorie converter.
- Now require the match text to be case sensitive (e.g. 2L or 5kg only, not 2l or 5KG).
0.1 – 2009-03-19
- Initial version.