This plugin changes the WordPress’s native formatting rules to keep the numbers of the line breaks you wrote.
It adds <br /> tags as many as line breaks in posts, comments, or both, even if the line was vacant.
You can change the settings below in the admin panel. For example: you can choose to add <p> tags for wrapping the paragraphs or not.
You can choose settings below.
- Choose the target area: in posts, comments, or both(default).
- Choose the breaking tag format: <br />(default) or <br>.
- Choose the tag which the paragraphs will be wrapped with: <p> tag(default) or none.
- Shortcodes that you want to exclude from <p> tag wrapping.
This doesn’t work if you choose “none” in option #3.
Default is only “caption” but you can set multiple shortcodes separating “|”. Ex. “caption|map”
This plugin doesn’t work with the Visual Editor, so far.
For Japanese users
- Upload ‘vacant-line-breaker’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit settings through the ‘Settings’ menu as you like
- Can I use this plugin with the Visual Editor?
- This plugin changes data in DB?
No. This plugin changes no data in DB. This plugin just changes a little the WordPress’s native formatting rules when a post or a comment is shown in page.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Vacant Line BReaker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Add p tag after shortcodes.
- Fixed problems with closing tags.
- Fixed problems with video.
- Fixed problems with single tags.
- Add an option for shortcodes.
- Available in Japanese.
- First release.