Verowa is a swiss management software for churches and parishes. Verowa connects your team, manages your rooms and equipment, helps to plan events like church services or meetings and organizes your ads, office weeks and much more. Verowa keeps you informed of subsequent changes and also keeps your webpage content actual with this plugin.
This WordPress plugin is connecting with the Verowa API. To use it on your WordPress project you need to obtain an instance of Verowa and an API Key. Please visit https://www.verowa.ch and contact us to get started.
Verowa Subscriptions Plugin
With this plugin visitors of your website can subscribe for certain events. This is useful for when you want to limit the number of people attending the event or for contact-tracing.
You can only use this plugin if you have a Verowa license and the subscription-module activated.
Visitors of your website can then subscribe themselves for events! All the data will be sent to your Verowa where you can view and edit each individual subscription.
- Install the plugin from the plugin repository and activate it.
- For the plugin to be able to fetch your Verowa data you need to set the id of your Verowa instance (e.g. “my-parish”) and the API key in the Verowa options panel (e.g. “6ba4ceea235de07b258044a0cb3804d2”).
- If you have Automatic Updates enabled you can sit back an relax. Verowa Connect will update itself when a new version is available.
- You have to create a new page with the shortcode [verowa_dynamic_agenda] in order to show the agenda on your site.
- You can show a list of specific events with the shortcode [verowa_event_list]. With the attributes id, layer_id or target_group you can limit the events shown to specific events or lists. With the attributes max you can set the max amount of events shown. The attribute pro-seite sets the amount of events shown per page. The attribute max_days limits how far in advance the events are allowed to be. With the attribute title you can change the title displayed above the list.
- If you want to display eventlists in the Widget you need to add the Verowa Event Widget to a sidebar und Appearance > Widgets
- After installing you need to make sure you have a default template for the persondetails, personlists, eventdetails and eventlists selected. You can select them under Settings > Verowa Options
- Verowa subscription-module should activated in order to use the following Shortcodes.
- For the registration process to work properly, you need to set up three pages. On the first page you add the shortcode “[verowa_subscriptions_form]” to display a list of events.
On the second page you add the shortcode “[verowa_subscriptions_response]” to instruct your subscribers to click on the confirmation link after they have sent the form.
On the third page you add the shortcode “[verowa_subscriptions_post_validation]”. This page shows a confirmation message to the Users after they have validated their subscription through the confirmation link.
- After that you have to enter the reCaptcha public / secret key under Settings > Verowa Subscriptions. Here you can also configure the info displayed in the form.
When is Verowa for me?
If you are a church or a parish and it is always a fight to keep all people up to date
Can I test Verowa?
Yes, there is a demo site where yo can test it directly (in german).
I have a problem, who should I contact?
Call us directly at +41 52 551 04 40.
For specific questions about the WordPress plugin please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscriptions: Do I really need Verowa to run this plugin?
Yes. You need a properly set up Verowa and the activated subscription-module for this plugin to work.
Subscriptions: Can I filter the listed events?
Yes. The easiest way to show only certain events is to make a list in Verowa and add the list’s ID as an attribute to your shortcode (e.g. “[verowa_subscriptions_form id=34]”).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“Verowa Connect” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Agenda: date-time picker shows the icons again
- Agenda: remove output buffer, to prevent memory overflow
- new DB update logic, after a plugin update.
- Refactoring of persons function
- Bugfix: phone number validation
- Bugfix: Update event and person posts after changing the corresponding template
2.8.8 / 2.8.9
- Subscription form try to load from the API, if not then get the data from the database
- Bugfix display room names
- Fix Navigation Bug on new custom post type
- PHP 8 support
- Form error messages are now displayed below the input field
- Verowa events and persons new also stored as custom post type “verowa_event” and “verowa_person”
- Personal details and event details pages must be deleted
- Remove use of $_SESSION
- Bugfix: Subscription add person
- Bugfix: add further Persons
- Bugfix: shortcode verowa_event_liste_dynamic title
2.8.2 / 2.8.3
- Update list event mapping on post save
- Several warnings and notice fixed
- Calls to the Verowa API reduced
- Several warnings and notice fixed
- New template placeholder for events “LOCATION”
- Bugfix Plugin Activation Error – “Headers Already Sent”
- New template placeholder for persons “PERSONAL_URL”
- Template placeholder “SERVICE_4_PERSONS” requires a label
- Extract Verowa IDs in Widget stored in widget_text
- Subscription Button in the Agenda would be displayed without subscription date
- Event IDs used in widget are also included when querying the event.
- Bugfix subscription from
- Subscription Option new delimiter || instead of ;
- With Flexy Breadcrumb, the breadcrumbs are displayed accordingly in the person and event details.
- Bugfix subscription form radio button default value and drop-down list
- The new agenda supports the Get parameter cat
- New “html” type for renting form fields
- renting form Bugfix
- Verowa templates can now be duplicated
- When the plugin is activated the generic detail pages for person and event are automatically created.
- Verowa Template Editor
- Bugfix sub layer ids
- Verowa Event update are immediately transmitted to the WP-DB
Requires in the Verowa presets following setting.
2.4.1 / 2.4.2
- Reduces requests to the Verowa-API
- Bugfix in event and person updates
- Bugfix and refactoring
- Bugfix display Person and Events
- The agenda filters are now persistent and the scroll position is maintained.
- Renting Form checkbox error could be overwrite in de DB
- Bug fixing
Backlink works now proper
- Verowa input control could now use as input fields in subscription and renting form
- Verowa subscription and renting form us the same input-control class
- Integrate the plugin “Verowa Subscriptions”
- Update renting form
- New HTML-Templates for eventdetails, persondetails, eventlists and personlists. After updating you need to select four default templates in the Options in order for the templates to work.
- Events, persons and persongroups are now saved in the WPDB. They are automatically updaten once every hour via a cronjob
- New Event Widget: The event Widget works exactly like the Person Widget but instead of persons it displays the eventlists selected on the page
- Event- and person-details are now displayed through pages with shortcodes ([verowa_generate_post_event] || [verowa_generate_post_person]). New Rules are automatically added to htaccess upon plugin update.
- List title, max amount of events and max days in advance can now all be adjusted while editing a page.
- New Shortcode to display the event lists: [verowa_event_list]. The old shortcodes are automatically directed to the new one.
- Buttons leading directly to the subscription form in the agenda added
- Bug fix: preselected list for sorting the agenda works again
- Now gets the smaller Person pictures in pages, events and group-pages
- bug fix: slashes in captions no longer cause a problem
- Persons HTML structure changed
- Runs now on PHP 7.4.
- Refactored code for localization.
- Roster functionality refactored.
- Added a new shortcode: verowa-first-roster-entry.
- Added an option to show/hide the event organizer in event lists and detail pages.
- Bug fixes and broad refactoring.
- This version merges several forks that had hard coded values and altered features. It brings the plugin back to an equal code base.
- The plugin folder’s name has changed from “verowa-connect-plugin” to “verowa-connect”.
UPDATE WITH CAUTION! Custom code fragments in your WP project may be overwritten! We highly recommend using a file compare tool to check for changes before updating to this version.